October 24th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
What Lies Ahead

Paul wrote, "Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known."

-1 Corinthians 13:12 (NRSV)

ONCE while I was traveling in connection with my work, I began to think about my future. My wife and I have lived and worked outside our native country, the United States, for over 35 years. God willing, we will remain in Japan five more years before we retire. That day as I traveled, however, the future seemed unclear.

Gazing out the window of the plane, I watched the land beneath us. Suddenly we entered a cloud and I couldn't see a thing. A few moments later, as we left the cloud, the view became clear again. God seemed to be saying to me, "You may not be able to see what lies before you now, but with the passing of time I will reveal my will for you. Just as I have provided for you up until the present, I will continue to do so in the future." A feeling of peace filled my heart as I continued on my journey.

When fear and uncertainty unsettle us, we can trust our God who lovingly holds us and the future in strong hands.

Robert M. Terhune (Tokyo, Japan)

Prayer:
God of all, in times when fears fill our hearts and we worry about what lies ahead, help us always to remember that you are the one who holds the future, that you are always with us to guide and strengthen us. We praise you for your unfailing love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Back