October 14,2014 Custom Map Pre-Download

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
A "Box of Noodles" sent me some custom map requests last night many of which look good (must have been the prize at the bottom :p ). Some we've played long ago, some have new versions while others we've never run. As usual we may not run them all tonight depending on how many players have to download them.

cp_bladend64_72
Made for a TF2 maps 72 hour contest the maker did quite a lot in that time.

cp_silvertrail_rc2
This map was already on the server but I don't remember ever trying it. Perhaps we never got the player count? IDK.

cp_tidal_v4
Updated version of a map we have. I think it just fixed some visual things.

ctf_wildfire_rc
Another older contest map. We tried it long ago but I'm up for another go.

koth_railbridge_rc2
We used to play this quite a bit but I never added it back after the great server move of 2013.

koth_rocktop_b2
I remember playing an earlier version but I don't think it was on our server. Looks like it's coming along nicely.

koth_rooftop_b1
The layout has some flaws but it should be fun as long we don't take it too seriously. Bonus points for a good aesthetic and the elevator :) .

koth_suijin_b3.bsp
Very pretty map. Some may have a tiny performance issue but we will see. I can't remember if I played this eons ago but if I did it changed a lot.

pl_boundary_final1
This map has been around for a long while and we've played an old version of it a while back. Props to the map maker for polishing it up.

INSTRUCTIONS: You need to extract and place the .bsp map from the .bz2 file into your map folder. The folder should be somewhere like D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download\maps . The free and wonderful 7zip decompression software is available here if you need it for extraction.

For your information this link goes to all the custom maps currently on our server with both the raw .bsp and compressed .bz2 versions. Any of which are available for play on request (with the exception of arena).

Last edited:
Back