No one came!?

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
I was rather (Well ok i'll be honest) REALLY bummed out that Toj tonight consisted of me and one friend that only lasted 3 games until we got bored and left. I hung out for a while but no one else showed up......I think Danny is currently on vacation, and Keero got distracted by ps 3, but I don't know what happened to the rest of you....I hope this is just a rare occasion because I hate to see UT slow down even more then it already is.....I hope SC II has not corrupted our UT fun..... : ( I might boycott it now lol.

Come on guys....just a few weeks ago we had a waiting list to get into the server....Let's have another night like that next week.

I was rather (Well ok i'll be honest) REALLY bummed out that Toj tonight consisted of me and one friend that only lasted 3 games until we got bored and left. I hung out for a while but no one else showed up......I think Danny is currently on vacation, and Keero got distracted by ps 3, but I don't know what happened to the rest of you....I hope this is just a rare occasion because I hate to see UT slow down even more then it already is.....I hope SC II has not corrupted our UT fun..... : ( I might boycott it now lol.

Come on guys....just a few weeks ago we had a waiting list to get into the server....Let's have another night like that next week.

I was out getting my supplies for the backpacking trip i'm taking soon, so I didn't make it.

Same thing happens all the time. A new game comes out, people can't wait to blow their $60+ on it and everyone flocks to it.

TF2 was almost the end of the UT chapter at one time. It was one of the main reasons there isn't an active CoD chapter anymore. TF2 put their gamenight the same as CoD's and after that it pretty much died.

Since SCII came out our UT3 Gametracker rating went from 39th to 80th. I'm not surprised since FPS always seem to take a backseat here at ToJ.

Man that's a shame...I try to do what I can to keep people coming to the server. I like SC II a lot, but I will always love Unreal and will stay faithful on Monday nights. I never did play TF2, nor understood why people are crazy for that game. I hope for a better outcome next week : )

I was mowing and trimming the lawn. Then I was playing StarCraft II.

A side note: I was excited about UT3's release mainly because of the Warfare gametype (since I <3 Onslaught in UT2004) and I've been waiting for SC2 for over a decade now. I still plan on returning to Unreal Mondays, but right now I'm enjoying the popularity of SC2 multiplayer. I play UT3 primarily because I enjoy playing games with other ToJ members, not because I'm that fond of the game's deathmatch gametype.

Same thing happens all the time. A new game comes out, people can't wait to blow their $60+ on it and everyone flocks to it.
There certainly is a tendency among gamers to flit from one new game to the next, especially when the market is oversaturated with quality titles. But people return to games with quality multiplayer.

TF2 was almost the end of the UT chapter at one time. It was one of the main reasons there isn't an active CoD chapter anymore. TF2 put their gamenight the same as CoD's and after that it pretty much died.
Actually, Infinity Ward's inane decision not to include dedicated server support in Modern Warfare 2 and waning interest in CoD4 (now a 3-year old FPS) were the death knell of our CoD chapter. There's enough difference in style between TF2 and MW2 that I'm confident our CoD chapter would have flourished had IW and Activision not made such a horribly short-sighted decision.

Also, the only reason TF2 chapter staff re-scheduled game nights when they did was so that our competition team (which comprised a fair portion of the game night regulars) could play in the public game night and still play in matches (which were set by the ladder in which we participated, not by us).

Activity in our UT chapter has fluctuated throughout the years, but given Epic's missteps in developing UT3, I think it's a testament to our community that we're still regularly playing UT3 together.

Yes, it seems most of the gaming world is currently entrenched in SC2 (myself included), but people will eventually start dividing their time between SC2, UT3, and other titles more evenly in the coming weeks.

You can't be too surprised when one of the most anticipated sequels in PC gaming history comes out and other chapter events aren't as well-attended for a short while. It's a temporary shift, but not unexpected.

Since SCII came out our UT3 Gametracker rating went from 39th to 80th. I'm not surprised since FPS always seem to take a backseat here at ToJ.
I think "take a backseat" is overstating the point, though I admit we see more activity in our Role-playing Section (World of WarCraft, Guild Wars, Everquest II, etc.). It's also not relevant to the popularity of SC2 since our Strategy Section has been without a flagship chapter for years now. In terms of numbers, activity across our active Shooter Section chapters (UT3, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2) is far greater than our Strategy Section.

The UT chapter will, of course, survive, as will our other Shooter Section chapters. But keep in mind that among the games of our active FPS chapters, UT3 has the smallest player base. That's why UT chapter staff has greater difficulty in packing out a server than other chapters--not because of any lack of effort on the part of ToJ staff. The UT chapter has, historically, been a smaller but more cohesive chapter, with fewer members (most of whom possess greater-than-average skill) who enjoy playing the game with each other.

On a related note: The Unreal Tournament chapter is currently without a Chapter Recruiter. If anyone's interested in serving in that role, send a PM to Captain_Tea and ColdSteel and copy me and Elihu (ToJ's Staff Manager).

i hopped in for a few minutes after 10pm. played some dom and then played a game of freeze tag. brrrrr. bots are dumb in freeeze tag. just hammer the one frozen. lol

I was mowing and trimming the lawn. Then I was playing StarCraft II.

A side note: I was excited about UT3's release mainly because of the Warfare gametype (since I <3 Onslaught in UT2004) and I've been waiting for SC2 for over a decade now. I still plan on returning to Unreal Mondays, but right now I'm enjoying the popularity of SC2 multiplayer. I play UT3 primarily because I enjoy playing games with other ToJ members, not because I'm that fond of the game's deathmatch gametype.

There certainly is a tendency among gamers to flit from one new game to the next, especially when the market is oversaturated with quality titles. But people return to games with quality multiplayer.

Actually, Infinity Ward's inane decision not to include dedicated server support in Modern Warfare 2 and waning interest in CoD4 (now a 3-year old FPS) were the death knell of our CoD chapter. There's enough difference in style between TF2 and MW2 that I'm confident our CoD chapter would have flourished had IW and Activision not made such a horribly short-sighted decision.

Also, the only reason TF2 chapter staff re-scheduled game nights when they did was so that our competition team (which comprised a fair portion of the game night regulars) could play in the public game night and still play in matches (which were set by the ladder in which we participated, not by us).

Activity in our UT chapter has fluctuated throughout the years, but given Epic's missteps in developing UT3, I think it's a testament to our community that we're still regularly playing UT3 together.

Yes, it seems most of the gaming world is currently entrenched in SC2 (myself included), but people will eventually start dividing their time between SC2, UT3, and other titles more evenly in the coming weeks.

You can't be too surprised when one of the most anticipated sequels in PC gaming history comes out and other chapter events aren't as well-attended for a short while. It's a temporary shift, but not unexpected.

I think "take a backseat" is overstating the point, though I admit we see more activity in our Role-playing Section (World of WarCraft, Guild Wars, Everquest II, etc.). It's also not relevant to the popularity of SC2 since our Strategy Section has been without a flagship chapter for years now. In terms of numbers, activity across our active Shooter Section chapters (UT3, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2) is far greater than our Strategy Section.

The UT chapter will, of course, survive, as will our other Shooter Section chapters. But keep in mind that among the games of our active FPS chapters, UT3 has the smallest player base. That's why UT chapter staff has greater difficulty in packing out a server than other chapters--not because of any lack of effort on the part of ToJ staff. The UT chapter has, historically, been a smaller but more cohesive chapter, with fewer members (most of whom possess greater-than-average skill) who enjoy playing the game with each other.

On a related note: The Unreal Tournament chapter is currently without a Chapter Recruiter. If anyone's interested in serving in that role, send a PM to Captain_Tea and ColdSteel and copy me and Elihu (ToJ's Staff Manager).

Please....Just don't take our server down tek....UT III might be the smallest community, but this shooter series is truly the best ever. I think a lot of ppl don't play because UT III is the hardest and fastest shooter game ever. I still have friends who have the game but can't play atm. They should be joining us soon though. Even though i own and love sc II, I would never leave this awesome community we have at UT III. I am an avid gamer, but UT and SC are my only main games i play.

Please....Just don't take our server down tek
Aye, of course not. Once a server goes online and as long it stays funded, it stays online.

Don't misunderstand; just because I'm not overly fond of a game (or gametype) doesn't mean the chapter for that game receives any more or less support. And, specifically, my feelings on UT3 are mixed. I really enjoy Warfare, but I'm lukewarm about deathmatch. I personally prefer the high speed mayhem of Quake Live (<3 for the QL rocket launcher), but nothing can replace that PANCAKE announcement in a Warfare match. And I actually prefer Battletag Freeze Arena to stock deathmatch.

I participate in Tribe of Judah in two capacities: as President and as a member. As President, it's my responsibility to support all chapters and guilds. As a member, I play the games I enjoy the most. Just because I spend less (or no) time playing a given game does not mean I neglect the chapter or guild(s) for that game.

UT III might be the smallest community, but this shooter series is truly the best ever.
And small is fine. The largeness or smallness of a chapter or guild is in itself neither good nor bad. The difference is subjective; some prefer a smaller community, some prefer a larger. Some of our chapters are very large. Some are small. Some are in between. All welcome new members and serve an important purpose.

On a technical note: Whether a chapter has 5 or 500 people, as long as it has an active Chapter Leader, it's considered active. There are, of course, times when interest in a game dwindles to the point of closing down a chapter, but I still think we're a very long ways off from that for our UT chapter. When a chapter closes down, Tribe of Judah lives on and there's a good chance that we'll have an active chapter for the next popular online game.

I think a lot of ppl don't play because UT III is the hardest and fastest shooter game ever.
I think there's more to it than that, but to those who enjoy UT3, I invite them to play with our chapter to improve the gameplay experience. I'm fond of saying that multiplayer gameplay is largely dependent on how you play and who you play with--which is why playing with fellow Christians is so often the most fun way to play a game online.

Aye, of course not. Once a server goes online and as long it stays funded, it stays online.

Don't misunderstand; just because I'm not overly fond of a game (or gametype) doesn't mean the chapter for that game receives any more or less support. And, specifically, my feelings on UT3 are mixed. I really enjoy Warfare, but I'm lukewarm about deathmatch. I personally prefer the high speed mayhem of Quake Live (<3 for the QL rocket launcher), but nothing can replace that PANCAKE announcement in a Warfare match. And I actually prefer Battletag Freeze Arena to stock deathmatch.

I participate in Tribe of Judah in two capacities: as President and as a member. As President, it's my responsibility to support all chapters and guilds. As a member, I play the games I enjoy the most. Just because I spend less (or no) time playing a given game does not mean I neglect the chapter or guild(s) for that game.

And small is fine. The largeness or smallness of a chapter or guild is in itself neither good nor bad. The difference is subjective; some prefer a smaller community, some prefer a larger. Some of our chapters are very large. Some are small. Some are in between. All welcome new members and serve an important purpose.

On a technical note: Whether a chapter has 5 or 500 people, as long as it has an active Chapter Leader, it's considered active. There are, of course, times when interest in a game dwindles to the point of closing down a chapter, but I still think we're a very long ways off from that for our UT chapter. When a chapter closes down, Tribe of Judah lives on and there's a good chance that we'll have an active chapter for the next popular online game.

I think there's more to it than that, but to those who enjoy UT3, I invite them to play with our chapter to improve the gameplay experience. I'm fond of saying that multiplayer gameplay is largely dependent on how you play and who you play with--which is why playing with fellow Christians is so often the most fun way to play a game online.

Ok, very well. I pray that this server dosen't even come close to consideration of being shut down.... ever!! I couldn't see myself being active in ToJ w/o unreal or people like Captain_Tea or Danny. Those 2 guys are the REASON I am here in the first place. I would probablly leave this community and site if that ever did happen. I hope this server lasts us another 2-3 years as that will be around the time of UT IV's release. I don't understand the business of how you guys get servers going, but I REALLY do hope to see further support for the UT series and also discussion in the future about getting a server for UT 4! : )

You probablly spend the most time talking with all different kinds of gamers. Please tell your friends and other FPS fans about our community with ut III as I am almost ALWAYS available to quit playing sc and play ut III with anyone who asks me through AIM or Steam. I already gave Captain_Tea 100% control and ownership of my gameing time. He can page me to play UT w/ him at any time of the day as long as I get to finish the current SC II game I'm in : )

BTW captain_Tea the reason our server went down so low is because I havn't been online as much to get games going with people. It's kind of my fault in a way because I used to always be on our server before sc II came out.

May God continue to bless this server and our organization.

Last edited:
I already gave Captain_Tea 100% control and ownership of my gaming time.

:eek: I am your robot overlord bwa ha ha ha ha :eek:

You are worried over nothing. The best way to guarantee the server stays up is to use it and donate to ToJ. We have seen far leaner times. The UT community as a whole is a very dedicated group. Its for the leetest of the leet and the angriest blood thirstiest geeks :p. It is unlike any other. There are far more popular games but UT is in a class by itself.

Last edited:
:eek: I am your robot overlord bwa ha ha ha ha :eek:

You are worried over nothing. The best way to guarantee the server stays up is to use it and donate to ToJ. We have seen far leaner times. The UT community as a whole is a very dedicated group. Its for the leetest of the leet and the angriest blood thirstiest geeks :p. It is unlike any other. There are far more popular games but UT is in a class by itself.

That was an awesome description Mr. tea : ) I am planning on spending more time on UT III if things don't get fixed in SC II. The game seriously has some pretty big issues. You can always count on me being there for Monday nights regardless. I havn't seen you on steam. Don't forget to msg me when you want a game anytime before midnight. I want to play more :D

I'm down for chapter leader sir!

I'm down for chapter leader sir!
Eh? We already have two Chapter Co-leaders. We could use a Chapter Recruiter, though.

EDIT: You would need to talk to Captain_Tea and ColdSteel about any staff positions first. Chapter leadership select chapter staff then passes on the relevant information to the Staff Manager (Elihu) and President (me).

Back