Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
Best healers?

What are dungeons?

Anything like Sorrows Furnace in GW1?

Are there even collectors in this game?

What exactly are traits?

I really like dailies!

Armor? Anything we should be doing except just equiping what we find??

Hall of heros? Just skins? OR?

1. Hard to say best healers, all have their good points, might go with Guardian or Water Ele. Both of those do great support.
2. Dungeons are relatives of Sorrows Furnace, but with gooder rewards, there are achievement rewards for doing each path after completing story line of a dungeon.
3. Collectors? Yes that is why you get the tokens specific to each Dungeon.
4. Traits are a means of making a toon better at different skills and functions, with a variety of "skills" available at each trait line level. You cannot max out all trait lines all at once. You wind up specializing in just a few trait lines for an effective toon. Traits can be swapped around, and you can earn or buy trait "skills" at different levels of each trait line. IE a Necro can specialize in Minions, Wells, etc. Match your traits to weapons and skills. PLEASE READ WIKI.
5 Dailies are much good stuff for learning and earning.
6. To start with equipping armour with rewards and finders is usually good enough, once you get to 80 craft 80 lvl exotic or go to Orr temples to buy 80 lvl armour with karma. READ WIKI ON CRAFTING LEVEL 80 ARMOUR. ONLY BUY 80 LEVEL CULTURAL FOR ACHIEVMENT OR SKINS.
7. Hall of Heroes skins, and cool pets. Wonderful Black Widow through HOM

Last edited:
1. Hard to say best healers, all have their good points, might go with Guardian or Water Ele. Both of those do great support.
2. Dungeons are relatives of Sorrows Furnace, but with gooder rewards, there are achievement rewards for doing each path after completing story line of a dungeon.
3. Collectors? Yes that is why you get the tokens specific to each Dungeon.
4. Traits are a means of making a toon better at different skills and functions, with a variety of "skills" available at each trait line level. You cannot max out all trait lines all at once. You wind up specializing in just a few trait lines for an effective toon. Traits can be swapped around, and you can earn or buy trait "skills" at different levels of each trait line. IE a Necro can specialize in Minions, Wells, etc. Match your traits to weapons and skills. PLEASE READ WIKI.
5 Dailies are much good stuff for learning and earning.
6. To start with equipping armour with rewards and finders is usually good enough, once you get to 80 craft 80 lvl exotic or go to Orr temples to buy 80 lvl armour with karma. READ WIKI ON CRAFTING LEVEL 80 ARMOUR. ONLY BUY 80 LEVEL CULTURAL FOR ACHIEVMENT OR SKINS.
7. Hall of Heroes skins, and cool pets. Wonderful Black Widow through HOM

do we actually finish the game at level 80?

NO, if nothing else there is the Living Story aspect of the game. But achievements and high level reward chests are always worth shooting for. There is your personal story line also. Work your story line through, then purchase Living story material. 80 is a personal level cap, but that too will change in the expansion. Read expansion news and stories. Why do you think LA is a wreck? Living Story material. Even personal story is somewhat optional. Over 2 years and I never got over 77, just too sidetracked.

Last edited:
sooo.... Where can I find all the lore Of the living story?

what is the point of dungeons?

Armor confuses me.... Are there any such things as uniques that actually are unique and dont have crafted equals?

or with weapons do we just get random stuff that u put gems in and hope u don't get anything better?

The last series of stories to work through are available as a Black Lion package for gems. At a discount currently.
Not sure on the armour questions, I use exotic armour which has brought me through all story material.
Weapons - Ascended and Legendary cannot be copied by insets, can be crafted, but very, very expensive crafting, and must be level 500 crafter in proper type. I use an ascended bow, Mathilde's Great Bow, for my main 'toon that I crafted under huntsman discipline. You can also throw exotics in The Mystic Toilet in hopes of getting precursors or other better weapons. Exotics are ok, but really if you are going to do the more elite content the ascendades and or legendaries are the way to go. pardon my terrible spelling.

How do you tell the difference between exotic, ascended, legendary?

Identifier color and the weapon itself will say in description.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item
Again exotic is perfectly suitable in almost all situations. Some rare elite content is made easier by a very small margin with an Ascended. Many legendaries are wanted for skins, and or effects. i.e. shooting unicorns from a bow.

Back