New ToJ Server

Plankeye

I have been working hard over the last couple of nights to replace the much missed ToJ #2 server. Thank you for your hard work and dedication on the original Babo.  Since this is a brand new server (through a hosting company other than laggyservers), it needs to be broken in.  At this point it is setup as close to ToJ #1 that I can make it.  Custom maps will follow as time permits in my schedule so don't ask quite yet.

What I need from everyone is to connect to it.  Let me know if you get errors.  If your ping is noticably higher than ToJ #1, let me know your minimun/average/maximum ping and where you are located (ie 120/150/300 Location Ohio).

Server Information:

69.44.156.72:27015

Important! Again, this is the "break in" period for this server.  It may need some additional tweaking and at times will be down while I restart it because of configuration changes or installation of additional software.  The server is set to auto restart should it experience a problem.  That means if the server is down, it is because I killed it and I am working on it.  So no need to notify me of it being down as I probably already know.

When this "break in" period is over, I will announce it here so that everyone knows.  

This new server is quite different than our previous servers.  We have full control over it.  That means I will also be configuring TFC and DOD servers in the near future (yes you heard it hear folks, this is a multi game server) along with a private 12 slot CS server for the competition team.  One other thing, I will be configuring a UT2004 server on this box too.

As great as this news is, be patient.  It takes time to set all this up and make sure it is configured correctly.  My schedule dictates the timeline so don't ask or complain about when this or that will be setup.  I will try to keep everyone informed here.  Also, I will be looking at scheduling servers.  That means not every server will be up 24x7 but more on that after I actually get them up and running.

Any questions, reply back here or drop me an email.

jfreak we should set it up so that each night at like 8 (my time) we play for 30 min

Liking the server good ping and didnt notice any problems. Had you not told me I doubt I woulda noticed we had changed servers if not for the different IP.

I love it <thumbs up>!
biggrin.gif

I experienced quite a bit of server lag ... but my rates were set for private/match servers. Plankeye, if you want to IM me (g00se62 on AIM) I'll help you configure a few settings on the server to make it run better.

Just dont get it set for uberlag like toj1 is.. I have some nice ping on planks servers at the moment...

yeah me 2 i still get crazy lag spikes thoug.... i think it is the connection and not the server or client settings =/.

why not just leave it at defualt that is the way the game is intended to be played
tounge.gif

Actually it is quite complex. Depending on the cpu usage, number of player slots, rates for each player and additional servers that may be running on it, it requires a lot of tweaking outside of the defaults. Don't worry, when we reach the its unplayable level, I will initiate scheduled servers. IE, where we rotate out servers on a daily basis or where particular servers are active on specific days.

But keep this in mind too, over the last couple of days, I have downloaded several gig of game server binaries and files to the server while configuring it. Whenever that happens, i am pretty sure everyone on the server at that moment will experience lag. And starting up the UT2004 server pegs the processor pretty hard until it quiets down after loading everything. So until I stop tinkering and get everything to a maintenance state, there may be lag at times.

Back