need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseph

my aunt got devoiced about 8 years ago she has 2 sons which im really good friends with they live with my aunts parents they arnt christain but my grandpa is a really strong christain

now she meet another guy hes not christain :( she going to move far away with him and marry him. hes probaly goin to get a new job that pays 150,000$ per year

i just cant decide weather to be happy for them or not cause they dont have much money that cant afford much so if that happens they will be so happy.
but im scared cause then there not much hope they will get saved since they will probaly will be away from christains :( could someone here help me decide weather i sould be happy or not

While I can see how this could be viewed as a negative, I see a possible positive side to this situation. God works in ways beyond the understanding of men. Maybe by making this move she will find herself in a position where she's surrounded by other Christians. Maybe in her community or in a workplace. Maybe this new group of Christians will be able to influence her (and this new guy) in ways that maybe she couldn't where she in now and is brought to Christ.

There's not much you can do to direct your aunt's life. I think the best thing we can do is pray for her that she will find herself surrounded by Christians and that they can help lead her to Christ.

In regards to your question of if you should be happy about this, only time will tell, if this move and change in her life leads her to Christ, it could be a blessing in disguise.

Whether or not you're happy, you have to be supportive and loving. It may be good; it may be bad. The one sure thing is that God can use you and this situation.

Being alone in a new town is very scary. Perhaps, through all this, she will find she needs a support group and turn to a local church; it's not uncommon. Pray for her and your cousins-and your uncle-to-be. And pray for yourself, that God could use you and give you the strength to conduct yourself accordingly.

As far as the money goes, don't count on that to make them happy. Money can't bring you happiness, but it can be a blessing. Of course it will ensure they have the means to meet their physical needs. But my mom is pretty poor, and she is happy. So again, pray. Pray that they won't depend on their money for happiness, but will see it as a tool.

And be happy for your aunt, if you believe she and this guy actually care about each other (I'm assuming that's why they are getting married). If nothing else, she has found someone to love and to be loved by. That's important.

And don't beat yourself up for being upset they are moving. You love them; of course you wish they could stay.

Just remember that although money helps our needs on Earth, it is material and not anywhere near as valuable as salvation, which is eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back