Necro Minion Build

Waynos

I have created a Minion build for the necromancer
this build lets you stay at range while your minions do all the work

weapons: staff/sigil of battle Dagger/sigil of leeching
armor: sentinel (power,toughness,vitality)
runes: sup runes of the necromancer
accessories: sentinel/exq azurite jewels
back: magi/exq azurite jewel

Traits:
Spite: 20
#3 spiteful removal (kill a foe lose a condition)
#9 training of the master (30% damage increase for minions)

Death Magic: 20
#3 minion master (minion skills recharge 20% faster)
#10 flesh of the master (minions have 50% more health)

Blood Magic: 30
#2 bloodthirst (siphon health 50% more effective)
#7 vampiric master (minions siphon health and transfer it to you)
#11 fetid consumption (each minion removes a condition from you every 10 seconds..5 minions = 5 conditions removed every 10 seconds)

Healing/Utilities/Elite:
6 - blood fiend
7 - bone minions
8 - shadow fiend
9 - bone fiend
0 - flesh golem

overall stat results using exotic gear;
attack 2909
armor 2818
health 31832

perks;
minions tank everything keeping you at a safe distance with your staff
minions steal health for you and remove conditions
all your attacks steal some health per successful hit

note:
if you get into trouble;
swap to you dagger
#3 skill will immobilize your foe allowing you to gain some distance
#2 will siphon health and help you heal up some
you can also burst your blood fiends for extra health

i seem to use death shroud when i am overrun by a mob that gets up in my face
first i drop my marks at my location (#2-5) to damage the "too close" enemies
then i go into death shroud and hit life transfer (F4) to melt them down
swap back to dagger due to its upclose fast auto-attack gaining health from each hit
when my #2 dagger skill is ready i will siphon a huge amount of health
restoring me to a reasonable amount of health.
all the while my minions are sending me health and keeping conditions off of me

let me know what you think
(you can try this out in the Heart of the Mist to see an example of it's survivability)

build link:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQJA...3LNA-jAyAo8ARhgIRA58ioxWRLiGrSnIqW1g5xLiWNA-e

Last edited:
So, Waynos...how has this build worked for you? Particularly in PvE.

I've started a new Necro and am just beginning to look into builds. I played a bit of Minion Master in GW, so this build intrigues me.

Is there a reason you have no secondary weapon with your dagger? Are you just leaving it open to choice? Which have you tried and liked?

So, Waynos...how has this build worked for you? Particularly in PvE.

I've started a new Necro and am just beginning to look into builds. I played a bit of Minion Master in GW, so this build intrigues me.

Is there a reason you have no secondary weapon with your dagger? Are you just leaving it open to choice? Which have you tried and liked?

in PVE i can solo farm in ORR with it.
weapon secondary is optional but the life steal from dagger saves my bacon when things get rough
the minions remove conditions and steal health for you so you can staff from range and let minions tank

im currently running a glass cannon necro as a test..if it pans out ill post it

I rolled my Necromancer - going with the Minion Master build you have here.

I created her - got to Lion's Arch - used the birthday experience scroll to take her to level 20 - did the Tailor to level 30 - then the Artificer to level 40 - then took her out into Queensdale.

I ran her around to bring the various weapon skills up - then used her for the daily today - including taking on a couple of the Queen's Champions related to balloon rides. Tons of fun. Came no where near dying - starting to get a feel for the weapons and skills.

I'll let you know what I think after I get to 50 and do some running to the more difficult areas.

So far - I'm really enjoying the Necro and this build.

Last edited:
I rolled my Necromancer - going with the Minion Master build you have here.

I created her - got to Lion's Arch - used the birthday experience scroll to take her to level 20 - did the Tailor to level 39 - then the Artificer to level 40 - then took her out into Queensdale.

I ran her around to bring the various weapon skills up - then used her for the daily today - including taking on a couple of the Queen's Champions related to balloon rides. Tons of fun. Came no where near dying - starting to get a feel for the weapons and skills.

I'll let you know what I think after I get to 50 and do some running to the more difficult areas.

So far - I'm really enjoying the Necro and this build.

awesome!!!!! through your process you may even find some things that my build could have used.
so feel free to post any ideas/changes and thoughts

One of the things I did to test her out - I ran south from Lion's Arch into Bloodtide Coast. She did fine fighting individuals, until I got way down and was having to fight three or four level 50-55 at a time. I'll go back in there when she has a bit more umph to her.

Still really enjoying the Necro play.

I recently crafted a Necro up to 60, and went the complete opposite. No minions at all.

Wells, staff and dagger/focus. All I've done is run around a few zones and one of the Scarlet invasions, but it was pretty fun. Play consists of tagging a half-dozen mobs to ball them up, stacking marks and wells at their feet, and then watching them all melt together. Jump in the middle and swipe a few times with daggers if there are a few stubborn mobs clinging to last bits of health. Kinda felt like the AoE dps you'd expect from Ele.

Gotta say that death shroud is ridiculous in large zerg situations like the invasions. There're so many things dying that my life force was refilling within seconds.

Last edited:
This is the glass cannon necro build im running
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator...1.1g.67|u36c.0.a1.0.u26c|0.0|3r.4a.3u.44.4g|e

it has 100% critical damage and 44% crit chance
cool thing is when i enter death shroud my crit change jumps to 94%
so it hits very big and very often
i use the signet for speed boost and it has a decent heal if i get into trouble.

NOTE: this is a glass cannon so with this build you have to stay out of melee range
this build i got from a youtube video and i instantly loved it.
i was going to post the video but the guy used some bad language

Last edited:
Hey, Waynos, do you have that build on gw2skills? It is easier for me to figure out on that site.

I've been playing a dagger/dagger alt set for when a gang gets up close. It gets the job done.

The #3 immobilizes long enough to #4 blind and #5 bleed, and the bleeding is 11s. While that is going on I can hit them with all three levels of #1 and do a little #2 life siphoning. I think it is a bit better than the scepter/focus I had been using. It took me through most of the Iron Marches and Fireheart Rise very nicely.

Okay - I am about to get to 80 and thinking of the way I want to play my necro from here on out.

Anyone have a Condition build that really works for you? I've found a couple on-line but wondering about you LoE necros...

Back