Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Kendrik

Staff member
Has anyone here played MKvDCU? MvC3 makes me want to give it a shot. I'm sure it'd be little more than an occasional diversion, but it interests me all the same. That said, what little I've played of MK hasn't done much to impress me. Lookin' for firsthand experience on this one. Got any thoughts to share?

Of all the things to add to my interest was the trailer for the game's story. Makes little sense that I would be interested in a fighting game's story mode... but such is the case.

So yeah... thoughts?

I've been on the fence about this game for months, I think. When I got paid for an unexpected computer job... and saw that Gamestop actually had a good sale going (rare, I know)... I decided to drop the $10 to buy a new copy of the game.

I don't regret the decision at all. It feels fairly simple and mashy, but uh... it's ridiculously fun. There are reasons it never became a top competitive game, but as something to play and enjoy (lol... imagine playing a fighting game for the sake of enjoying it), it works just fine.

And the world crafted for it is interesting. Sure, a bit unoriginal, but I'm a sucker for crossovers. Unlike MvC3... it actually has a coherent story with cutscenes and everything.

Worth my ten bucks? Fo sho.

It's also $10 @ Best Buy in the clearance bin atm (very YMMV). I'm not super into fighting games, but interested.

How PG is the clothing?

lol It's probably PG, but I go lolwut? at it all the same. Catwoman's costume is probably the worst, though (zipped costume unzipped below the breasts, yielding full cleavage). Screenshots explain better than words would. Only thing screenshots won't likely reveal is that clothing can get ripped up in the fights; in this happening, I've seen Sonya Blade's costume get damaged in such a way that a patch "underboob" became visible.

If you're not terribly put off by Soulcalibur, then you probably won't have a problem here. If you're familiar with Tekken, I'd say that the two games are about equal in regards to costuming.

Did I mention that the game is really, really fun, though? :p

Last edited:
Yeah, that'd be a no-go in my house. I'm a prude. Aside from trying to avoid seeing as much of that as I can, my wife doesn't appreciate seeing me see it either (which I can certainly understand!) Sure we are a bit extreme, but that doesn't mean we're judging.

...or does it? :)

Judging is just another side of discernment... or is it the other way around? Anyway. Totally getcha. Too bad, though. You'd get to feel the wrath of Scorpion. :p

Speaking of Scorpion, I've had his "GET OVER HERE!" line stuck in my head all day. Already looking forward to finishing out the school day so I can go back to playing the game. /addict

Speaking of Scorpion, I've had his "GET OVER HERE!" line stuck in my head all day. Already looking forward to finishing out the school day so I can go back to playing the game. /addict

If you're at school, you're not addicted.

Back