May 8, 2012 Custom Map Download for Game Night

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
First on the good side here are the maps for tomorrow's game night.

cp_antiquity_rc1 New version. Didn't see a lot of changes but a bit more polish never hurt.
cp_blazewalk_rc5 5 point cp map.
cp_oilfield_v2 Requested. The 3 point version of Koth_Oilfield we've been playing.
cp_roswell Requested. Played on Fish not sure we played it here though.
cp_vertigo_beta3 Requested. We played it long ago.
pl_escarpment_rc1 A map from the recent contest on TF2maps.
pl_swiftwater_final_rc New version. It's been polished a lot for competitive UGC highlander play and it shows.

On other progress I've gone through all of our 88+ custom maps on our server, checked for newer versions and cleaned out some of the more lackluster ones. There were several new polished versions of old maps which should make them a little more fun to play but I've still to upload/test all. Unfortunately in some map tests I got crashes. As such I'm going to have to go back and test each map on our server (because the crash only showed when my client was connected to the server) before I map pack anything. All this will take a few more days of exciting map prodding, blah, plus I can only upload when our internet is not being used.

Note: R.I.P. Pl_cranetop_b8 As I could not find a newer version that did not crash. :( I'll sleep now and check more maps later.

Note: If you do not know how to install maps manually decompress these files (7zip works) and put them in your \steamapps\my_steam_account\team fortress 2\tf\maps folder.

Last edited:
okay so no crashes for me on any of those maps, including swiftwater, which was crashing instantly before

okay so no crashes for me on any of those maps, including swiftwater, which was crashing instantly before

Oh I didn't mean anyone else had to check those maps. I checked anything I put up here to the hilt it's the ones I've yet to upload and the older ones I've got to go through later. I wouldn't recommend downloading random maps from the server either until I get it done. Since I haven't got all the new parts matched up or updated it would be pointless. It's coming though it's not from the lack of me working on it consistently (at least this time :p ).

Yeah Swiftwater was updated with a crash fix in it's changelog . It's a lot more orderly too.

Last edited:
So sad about Cranetop. It was also one of the most played maps on the server I used to play on. Very popular and really well done. Good gameplay all the way thru. Ah well. RIP.

All maps downloaded and installed!

Back