May 30th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Praise that Leads

Praise [God] with trumpet . . . with tambourine and dance . . . with strings and pipe!

-Psalm 150:3-4 (NRSV)

RECENTLY, in my travels among the churches in Cuba, I have seen the words of Psalm 150 come alive. There, all kinds of instruments native to the region and a wide variety of local rhythms and musical styles are used in worship to celebrate God's "surpassing greatness" (150:2). People literally praise God "with trumpet ... with tambourine and dance ... with strings," not to mention drama!

Most significantly, these Christians are reaching others -- not only through dynamic worship in church but also through the daily witness of their lives. Their joy overflows in outreach to others and in acts of care that reflect God's love. Everything in their lives, as in their worship, points others to the Lord Jesus Christ.

As a result of this experience, my life will never be the same. I hope that all Christians will praise and celebrate the acts of God in our lives and in our churches and that our worship will point others to a saving faith through Jesus the Christ. I know that I am committed more than ever to turning every breath I take into an expression of praise and witness to the goodness of God.

Winston Worrell (Georgia, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
O God, help us to bring revival to the church where we are and where you need us to be. May our lives of joy, praise, service, and celebration lead others to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Back