Maintenance Windows

Gilga

This would have been annoying if I hadn't read it.

Basically tonight (Thursday) servers go down at midnight PST for a 2-hour maintenance period.

Monday night the servers go down late afternoon (4 p.m. PST) until official launch (at midnight CST / 10 p.m. Pacific? Can't seem to find the exact launch time including time zone) but that'd be a six hour period? Then probably slammed servers unless this early access thing mitigated that.

And then Wed night / Thu a.m. a 3-hour maintenance starting at midnight PST.

Not sure if the midnight PST window starts are going to be standard practice for Bioware (seems sort of weird that they're doing it then rather than say 6 a.m. Pacific / 8 a.m. central when I'd expect players to be sleeping and Austin engineers to be semi-awake). Hope it's less that and more that they're just giving themselves huge safety margins in case stuff goes wrong, so they'll be back up by afternoon/evening. Since early access folks are playing for free anyhow.

And speaking of playing for free, they announced an early access grace period: if you have early access, you have until midnight eastern (9 p.m. PST) on Thursday 12/22 to put in your box code.

Exactly same deal happened with WAR ... wonder why they wait until the last minute to announce this grace period stuff and get folks all stirred up in the meantime. Unlike WAR, though, seems like they're letting retailers release copies way early (Amazon says mine's shipped and will arrive tomorrow) so it shouldn't be too much of an issue anyhow.

I also got notice that mine shipped today (from Best Buy). I was worried they wouldn't ship until the 20th and it would be a few days until it arrived. I should get it Monday or Tuesday. I'm glad they decided on a grace period.

Back