Looking for texture person

C

ChaosSniper

i making a map of a village and need some good textrues to go along with it. i have found some good ones looking at the wad files i already have, but if anynone can provide better ones then i can use them instead. things i need are like paths with partial snow cover and sand in the middle of the path and i good texture for the village walls. anything else is a plus
cool.gif

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

Bah, I asked for textures and all I got was a "go look on google". :p I think we may be sadly lacking in that department.

HEY ALL YOU BACKGROUND PEOPLE! MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL AND START DOIN' SOME TEXTURES!
biggrin.gif

Ix

(hey! you stole my sig Xel!!!!)

Well if you guys can find me some good tutorials on texture making I'd give it a go since God's blessed me with some mad art skillage but I have no idea how to approach it never having done it before and it's way different then "traditional" art. Hit up Rizz to learn too since he's got some mad photoshop skills. And get UT2003 and learn to map for that tis much much better. ;-) Now if only I'd acctually make a map out of one of my decent ideas. So once again point me to some tutorials or some such and I'll at least give it a go since I'm wanting some custom textures for stuff I'd like to work on.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

Ive been uber busy recently,. i will have a go at this when i get some free time but dont hold yer breath.

the hard thing about textures is the fact that you need to make it tile correctly.... take a look at some sloppy tile jobs - they're horribly distracting.

The simplest way to make it tile is to create something 1/4 of the size. copy and flip it horizontal to make the top edge then copy and flip that vertical to make the bottom edge. Then redo the join in the middle where its been flipped.

Back