Looking for officers.

Grimbeorn

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Em
NOTE: NEW POSTS IN THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE FOR EXPRESSING INTEREST IN BEING AN OFFICER. ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT OFFICER-RELATED TOPICS SHOULD BE IN A DIFFERENT THREAD.

Since the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic is getting close, I have decided it's time to start looking for some officers to help me out with making this guild run as smoothly as possible. There are a few different officer roles that come to mind that I'd like to see filled:

Recruitment Officer: These officers would be focused on anything related to recruiting. That would include assisting new members with joining the guild, posting recruitment threads in forums, and other general recruiting stuff. An officer wouldn't HAVE to be a recruitment officer to help with recruiting, but I'd like these people to be the g0-t0 people for that.

Guild Activity Officer: A guild activity officer would be focused on special guild activities other than raiding. I won't really go into much more detail on it than that, since by nature this type of officer would need to be creative on what they do.

"Operations" (Raiding) Officer: These officers would be focused on end-game raiding. I haven't decided yet if all raid leaders would also be officers, but there should at least be someone who is a raiding-focused officer. These people would be focused on setting up guild raiding policies. Note: I won't be appointing any raiding officers until we are at least getting close to being ready to raid. A raiding officer would have to have at least one character that is raid-ready (or at least close to it), so we won't have anyone that could really do it yet.

General Officers: These officers would really just do whatever else needs to be done. In a way, all officers could be general officers, and a general officer would have a piece of all the other officer roles.

There may be other officer-type roles that I have not mentioned above, such as a PvP officer. At the moment I don't plan to set up any officers specifically for PvP, but that could change. If you think there's something I didn't mention that should be mentioned, feel free to bring it up in a different topic unless it is a new officer position that you would like to fill. Please leave this topic for anyone interested in being an officer.

Officer Requirements:

I won't set many specific requirements on who can become an officer, since there are often exceptions to every rule. There are some general characteristics of officers, though.

Officers should be:
  • A Christian
  • At least 18 years old
  • Active in Called from Darkness

How to become an officer:

First off, if you are interested in being an officer then you should post about it below. Please mention which officer position you are interested in and (optional) why you would like to be an officer. All officers will be approved by guild leadership, so a guild leader will probably want to talk to you about it at some point if you don't know the leader(s) already.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do decide to open up a PVP slot, I'd be willing to step in. I leveled 20-23 just doing battlegrounds and loved every minute. Nothing beats a pre-made team creaming the other side. If you don't want to go with the PVP thing, I could always be a general type that just happens to focus on PVP from time to time, but helps out with other duties.

Hi, I would like to be an Activity Officer. I imagine organizing open world activities and groups for PvP, Flashpoints, and open world bosses. I eventually like to be an Operations Officer once we get to the endgame, though.

My reason for this is that I seem to have a gift for servant-leadership. In my life I referee sports and help manage/recruit a community of Magic: The Gathering judges in my region. Being a guild officer and helping all it's members have the most fun possible is something that I'll be very good at and enjoy as well.

Hi, I would like to be an Activity Officer. I imagine organizing open world activities and groups for PvP, Flashpoints, and open world bosses. I eventually like to be an Operations Officer once we get to the endgame, though.

My reason for this is that I seem to have a gift for servant-leadership. In my life I referee sports and help manage/recruit a community of Magic: The Gathering judges in my region. Being a guild officer and helping all it's members have the most fun possible is something that I'll be very good at and enjoy as well.

Why wait for endgame? There are plenty of flashpoints and 4 man group quests throughout the leveling experiance.

I would be willing to be a forums officer if you wanted such a thing. I am thinking like someone who moderates the forums, keeps an informational sticky updated and organizes things like guild crafting stickies and what not. I would attempt to do this stuff anyways, as I check the forums all day long, but you can't update old posts without moderator status. I think I would be willing to extend that to inter guild communication as well, and help with contacting our allies and adversaries and keep up relations on their forums and whatnot. I guess I am describing an "Information Officer" position that is mostly out of game duties.

edit: I think the duties of this position could also include, making sure we have a neat MotD in guild and keeping it relevant. Posting nightly officer announcements if there are any that need to be brought up and discussed at times in game. Facilitating basic communication between officers and members via the forums.

Last edited:
I would like to apply for a General officer.

I currently serve as the TOJ Member Admin, I've had experience in both being an officer and a leader in several MMO guilds (Ragnarok Online, WAR, Champions Online) as well as a leader/co-leader for a small amount of TOJ chapters. I'm big on research (no really, I geek out with wikis and databases XD) and enjoy helping newbies in General chat or on forums. I like finding the ins and outs of the game and sharing that knowledge with others. I'm going on 23 here in a month, prefer to keep drama out of guilds, and have a joyful (read: sarcastic) personality. That's not to say I can't be serious when the time calls for it, however. What else... I find healing in PVP and dungeons a lot of fun, so you can count me in for PVP/Flashpoint/Operations for sure. =]

Last edited:
I'll help lead raids, if their are raids... which I hear there is. Think we will kill a lot of Jedi's.

I've been raiding and leading raids for over 10 years... sence 99 I think... Wow, maybe I shouldn't write that.

Last edited:
I'd like to submit my name for General Officer - able to invite players to the guild, post recruitment/informational threads when needed, provide guidance to new players, and orient new players with the guild.

I also have experience in managing forums, resolving guild disputes, handling guild assets, and striving to provide a good example for other players, both in the guild, and to those we witness to outside the guild.

I would like to also submit my name for an Officer position. I would like to be a general Officer so I can help with whatever is needed. I am more than happy to invite new players and help them with whatever knowledge/startup gear I have. I can help out with activities with mats or being a ref or whatever else. I can even lay the smack down on peeps when they get out of line :p

I have been an O in Redeemed for awhile now and I led raids, invited people and helped with info about rules, helped with special events and even handled a few "situations". I down to help out wherever. Any questions you have you can PM me here or in game cause EA starts tomorrow and I R EXCITE

Hey all, if you don't have enough people for Raid Leaders or Officers, I'd be more than happy to fill a spot. I've been a Raid leader & Officer in many guilds and MMOs. I've played with many of the good people who have already said they are interested, so feel free to pick them before me. Regardless, I will be involved in any 'End Game' or 'Raiding' we do and can't wait to be playing with many of you again.

Hope to see many of you in game tomorrow!

Last edited:
I would be up for a guild activity officer. I think of myself as creative. Don't wanna toot my own horn, however...

Last edited:
I would like to apply for the Recruitment Officer. I like to help people, and would like to apply for this.

I was very interested in becoming an officer for called from darkness before I was elected Guild Leader in Redeemed. It may be too much responsibility to be an officer, but I would like to express my interest in a possible raid leading position. I have had years of high end raiding experience in wow and in rift, and was a raid leader during my time in rift, leading full clears of all 10 man raids and tanked up to greenscale before I stopped playing. I want to see raid progression, but I am certainly not one who will rage at anyone for making mistakes in a raid.

Hello Grim,

I would be interested in Recruitment officer position. Later is fine if you end up with enough early on. This is former Bearlyatree/Silverdruid.

Silverchiss

looks like you have plenty of officers, but if there is any need in spiritual direction and all that i would like to help there. i have served as an officer in this capacity and bring a more "mature" view towards life as i am a pastor of 25 years and 55 years old....and a grandpa!! so if that is needed i am willing but do NOT need a rank or position for that

looks like you have plenty of officers, but if there is any need in spiritual direction and all that i would like to help there. i have served as an officer in this capacity and bring a more "mature" view towards life as i am a pastor of 25 years and 55 years old....and a grandpa!! so if that is needed i am willing but do NOT need a rank or position for that

I don't think we have an official guild grandfather yet. Could be useful.

You're right, we don't have that yet. I've been waiting for a little while after launch to see how the current group of officers is working out before I start adding more, but I do think that I'll start looking at new officers again within the next couple weeks.

I think it's a great idea. I also like that I'm not the oldest member of the guild :D

Update: I have decided that I will try to send pm's out to the next group of prospective officers in 1 week from today (January 1, 2012). If anyone else is interested in being an officer (or wants to take your name out of consideration), please post about it by then.

Back