Live Free or Die Hard.

Corpfox

I just bought the DVD as well as a few others; The Departed and Letters from Iwo Jima.

I gotta say, its insanely awesome. Man, the things the "John McClane" does, it hurts so bad. :cool:

It is better than the other Die Hard movies since the things he does, get hurts a lot and does some realistic stuff; using a car to hit a chopper. :D

I don't think there is any realism in the using the car to take out the helicopter, I do applaud this movie in that you really could feel his pain. And it wasn't get up, hit him, and keep going. You get a real sence that he is hurt and the second punch isn't as good as the first. There were a few scenes where I was thinking "If that guy gets up and does anything, that will ruin the realism of a true fight" and they didnt' get up like the tend to in action movies. Which was nice to see.

I also thought the whole dialogue about him not being a hero. Again, just one of those realism things. If he was a hero, why did he loose all that was dear to him. Was it worth loosing his family over it. Rather, he was there, nobody else was, so he had to deal with it because nobody else would. Very well done.

good movie... i enjoyed it....

BUT

my two criticisms...

• 1. Physics didn't apply... despite the amazing things they did in that movie (and i was amazed by there creativity) they used CGA a lot with the HUGE action scenes, SO... when a body was involved... the physics on that body didn't apply. For example, when someone got hit by the car and flew on the hood was good... BUT... when that car hit a wall going 20ish miles an hour and the person on the hood go flying.... ummm.... kinda bothered me.

despite those facts... if i didn't look for realism in the physics... it was a really good movie.

2. I don't think you can compare with the old Die Hards. It was definitely different... BUT... it was nothing like the originals. I'm the kind of guy who prefer the originals (and from what i've seen, the kids now in days who see Life Free or Die Hard THEN saw the originals, or the kids who never saw the originals until the new one was coming out - liek the new one better. But the fans who saw the orignals a while ago... kinda prefer the originals)

My critisim, is that is was just different then any of the originals. I can't say it was the best... nor the worst... well.... hmmm....

well.... i would have to say,

my favorites go in this order:

Best - Die Hard
Second - Die Hard 2
Third and Fourth TIE - Die Hard 3 + 4

the best way i can say...

is comparing the new one to the originals is like comparing cereal to sandwiches.
two very different things...

well... for the die hards... it is more like three different things...

Die Hard 3 and 4 have there own catagories.
both are completely different than the first two.

2. I don't think you can compare with the old Die Hards. It was definitely different... BUT... it was nothing like the originals. I'm the kind of guy who prefer the originals (and from what i've seen, the kids now in days who see Life Free or Die Hard THEN saw the originals, or the kids who never saw the originals until the new one was coming out - liek the new one better. But the fans who saw the orignals a while ago... kinda prefer the originals)

[/list]

My critisim, is that is was just different then any of the originals. I can't say it was the best... nor the worst... well.... hmmm....

well.... i would have to say,

my favorites go in this order:

Best - Die Hard
Second - Die Hard 2
Third and Fourth TIE - Die Hard 3 + 4

I agree on that, I prefer The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren and Captain America with Matt Salinger.

Its always surprising to hear someone that has seen the 4th Die Hard but never seen the other "old" Die Hard movies.

a lot of people's views are as follows: X < 1995 = dumb

People like to keep with the "high tech" things... which drives me crazy considering how much i love the older movies.

I just fell in love with the first couple die hards when i saw them. at first, i liked the second one better... because the concept i thought was cooler. YET the first one had more action... so all in all... i put the first one higher.

I have watched it twice now, i liked it just thought there were some unrealistic stuff...could have done with out the car scene at the beginning and all of the language:(

could have done with out the car scene at the beginning and all of the language:(

LOL

That's John McClane man.

Most western characters are like that; Snake Plissken (Escape from New York/L.A), Sarah Connor (Terminator/2), P.F.C. Hudson (Aliens), Ash (I'm not sure he would count; Army of Darkness) etc.

LOL

That's John McClane man.

Most western characters are like that; Snake Plissken (Escape from New York/L.A), Sarah Connor (Terminator/2), P.F.C. Hudson (Aliens), Ash (I'm not sure he would count; Army of Darkness) etc.

Lol i know, i have heard more Vulgar language then the average 15 year old:eek:

Back