L4D Update this Spring !1!!! :(

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
Not really happy that we have to wait til spring for it, but should be well worth the wait

Linky Linky

Looks like there is going to be a new "Survival" mode and the other 2 maps will be added to VS (yes!!) plus SDK for all you nuts out there that want to play with it. Hopefully this will give us some options to play with for our server.

No details yet on Survival mode, but if anyone finds some please post 'em.

But I wonder if its possible arrival is creating the glitches and crashes to the game now...

I've played Survival modes on other games, its basically facing few to tons of enemies at once, a wave of zombies.
Example: Wave 10: 1,000 zombies at once, hehehe.

You notice is says Survival not Survivor. Meaning many, hehehe.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. When the SDK drops, I am going to make a campaign based on my school's campus. xD

Sounds interesting. When the SDK drops, I am going to make a campaign based on my school's campus. xD
Might not be a good idea since you could be arrested for creating a map based on a school campus, as absurd as that may sound.

DISCLAIMER: Above link leads to article with comments containing profanity. I couldn't find an article on the topic that didn't. The article's original source is offline.

I've read about that. I'm not entirely worried, as I think that (hopefully) my University's administration would a bit more mature. Ah well, if they do go after me for it I'll nail them to the proverbial wall legally and go to another school. xP

I've actually done some research on the subject. There's nothing in our student rules remotely pertaining to it, and I'm trying to found out if the land/buildings are public property or not(it kind of hinges on that, since they actually might be able to sue if they're privately owned, but I don't think that they are).

Might not be a good idea since you could be arrested for creating a map based on a school campus, as absurd as that may sound.

DISCLAIMER: Above link leads to article with comments containing profanity. I couldn't find an article on the topic that didn't. The article's original source is offline.

I have heard of another case that a child created a mod that put his teachers and classmates faces on the characters so he could shoot them. At that point I would suggest counseling or some action would be appropriate but in the case you mentioned it seems like a gross overreaction (IDK they never give out all the details, love the media... not -_-). Time and again people don't look at intent. For myself when I was in school I daydreamed of armed terrorists assaulting it and me having to take them out :p maybe that was the idea behind the map. I mean what could be wrong about wanting to protect your school?

Heres an article detailing the new patch seems like the two new campaigns are confirmed as being Dead Air and Death Toll modified for vs but the new survival mode sounds interesting. It says there will be 16 levels all but one made up of old areas and the new one being a lighthouse. Survival mode basicly sounds like endless waves of zombies and boss infected and you survive as long as possible. The videos have me interested and VS mode is in desperate need of the other campaigns .

I'm kinda disappointed of how they made the Survival Mode.

Its pretty much those battle sequences where you fight hordes of them, trying to stay alive on a timer. Or in the actual campaign, wait for the rescue chopper/boat/APC/plane.

Hopefully, there wouldn't be that glitch where the hordes don't spawn, as Exo-slayer has shown/explained in-game.

Back