Kara Chess event sign up.

Woven

How many ppl would be interested in doing the Chess event before the reset this monday? I'm interested in trying for the pally shield. Group 1 has cleared Curator and this event is not far from there.

2 fairly easy epics. We just need to pull a bunch of trash, should take less than an hour.

2 tanks:
2.5-3 Healers: Woven & Perhaps Yesmina.
5 dps:

All can sign up, but group 1 ppl are given priority (on any geared toon they have) since they cleared up to the trash pulls for this event. I'll select the final group if enough ppl are interested. If you are interested sign up and give a general or specific time frame that would work best for you.

Just as some advice, however you have your UI setup, make sure your petbar is available regardless if you are a pet class or not :)

The actual chess event is easy, we have done it a lot. We are on the last 2 main bosses of Kara: Prince and soon Nightbane.

Chess event: Take control of alliance chess pieces, action bar pops up, pwn the horde king. And according to Tassio..even if you fail it you no longer have to do any soft reset..to try again. The content up to it is harder than the event and that content is pretty easy..with a decent geared group.

I had sent mike an email about this. I would like to see if we could maybe do chess, shade and terestrian since are so close to all of them. Terestrian drops a really nice teddy cape and my defense is starting to wain :X so to wear the better gear im getting its becoming very nessecary to have. in anycase, I will help clear up to chess if needed but I can sit out chess since i have stuff from it already if there are others who want leather stuff. I would also be more than glad to let scott come in and replace me for chess :)

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28660

Last edited:
Yes, this would be Mike & Ron's group. Depending on when you want to do it, I'd be in. Only my mage is locked in this run already, but can bring either.

We would be doing chess first. To do those other bosses we would probably need our core group or at least most of them. There are upgrades for a lot of us in group 1 from all of the bosses you mentioned. And while we are on this topic.. I think we should farm Kara until everyone has the upgrades they *Need* unless they found something better elsewhere.

The loot in the chess event I want to see go to those in our progression group first or their alts who from time to time sub to give us a better party makeup, that's another reason I want group 1 ppl in this run. Every upgrade makes it that much easier for us to complete the instance and get it all on farm status.

We probably won't have all of our core group though and I'm happy to take others who signed up here and are not horribly undergeared. They will be on an equal footing for loot with everyone else in the group.

Right now we have:
Healing: Woven,Yesmina (Maybe Imcu)
Tanking: Darie & (Maybe Rhys) (Unless Lorin wants in)
DPS: Adam, (Maybe Moonsipher) and (Maybe Durruk)

Depending on which toon randy wants to take..We could use 2 more dps and a healer or 3 more dps.

Standby
Moonsipher
Rhys (If he wants to go)

Time wise for us, specificaly renee, any time after 4 server time would work. We had a sethekk heroic run scheduled for 6 server, but we can change that if it conflicts with anyone's time frame for this run. (And others in that group are ok with it)

Last edited:
If we are maybe going to do these bosses, im not sure they both require two tanks so if we end up getting more dps that might end up working out for the better? Shade deff. didnt need two tanks and It didnt really seem like terestrian did either, i could be wrong. Anyway, yeah i dont mind sitting out the chess for others to get stuff..but I would like to be there for others :)

Scott would like to be on standby as well, he doesnt read the forums often but I did ask him.

We need 2 tanks for the pulls up to chess event. But yeah, we don't really need tanks for shade. We do need 2 for Illhoof, at least the way we are doing it atm. That is still a rough fight for us..(One tank is on ill, the other on his sidekick..) And..we need the best dps we can find..Both of those fights are dps races.

Enough people appear to want this so I am putting in an event for 5:30 server. If this is going to cause to much problem with our west coast mates post here or add a note to the GC signup and we might be able to work out a new time for all.

We will hit Shade, Ilhoof and Chess tonight. To make it more of a challenge :)

Back