Journal program for Windows?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm looking for a very user-friendly journal program for Windows that includes encryption. I'd like to keep a digital journal, but I don't want to have to worry about it getting posted online if my notebook is stolen.

Can anyone recommend a good journal program?

just use truecrypt on the entire notebook's drive and do it in word or openoffice. Then the entire notebook is secured..:)

just use truecrypt on the entire notebook's drive and do it in word or openoffice. Then the entire notebook is secured..:)
I wouldn't want to encrypt every entry. I might even want to publish some on a public blog.

I did a quick search and found WinJournal.

I think I'm going to use TrueCrypt on my 4GB thumbdrive, though.

then put your journal entries on that..you can use your journal program to create them just save them to the flash drive.

I think the most recent version of Word--whether or not you may find it user friendly, hehehehe--has encryption, although you must remember that it IS M$ and may not be that great of encryption. It's a "save as" thing, in the menu somewhere. >_>

I know nothing about encryption, but I do know you will find no greater writing program besides Scrivener for OSX. No windows version, nor will there ever be, but the program itself is extremely solid, and amazing for all kinds of writing. Unfortunately, this doesn't help you much, which is why I was reluctant to post this... but I did anyways, so ha!

Back