I've turned to the dark side..well kinda..<G>

oh i have two winders machines..one Linux laptop and 3 Linux servers..<G>

In the near future I'm going to add a windows server and remove one Linux server, add a Linux laptop to replace the ancient one i have now that's falling apart and then add a new winders machine here so i can run vista(only because i have to learn it) and then turn this box into a Linux workstation for my daughter..:)

I understand, I too dabbled in the world of Linux at home with a server running sendmail and an FTP server. But the light of Windows guided me back to the power and ease of use that Windows provides. Now I'm running a DC / exchange server and a web server at home. I thought of running Linux on my game server but the draw of Windows was too much and it's running windows as well.

But your post has shown that even the most stalwart Linux users can see the light. You my friend have opened a new window of computing and allowed the fresh air to come in! Soon the fresh air will eventually permeate and drive out those other Linux boxes. When your daughter goes to school or to the library and is exposed to the true windows world of computing that is in our public systems she too will want more windows at home. It is only a matter of time before you are fully converted. ;)

Or, I could put it this way....
Feel the power of the dark side. Open yourself to it and feel the true power of computing! You have opened the door, it is only a matter of time... :eek:

I understand, I too dabbled in the world of Linux at home with a server running sendmail and an FTP server. But the light of Windows guided me back to the power and ease of use that Windows provides. Now I'm running a DC / exchange server and a web server at home. I thought of running Linux on my game server but the draw of Windows was too much and it's running windows as well.

But your post has shown that even the most stalwart Linux users can see the light. You my friend have opened a new window of computing and allowed the fresh air to come in! Soon the fresh air will eventually permeate and drive out those other Linux boxes. When your daughter goes to school or to the library and is exposed to the true windows world of computing that is in our public systems she too will want more windows at home. It is only a matter of time before you are fully converted. ;)

Or, I could put it this way....
Feel the power of the dark side. Open yourself to it and feel the true power of computing! You have opened the door, it is only a matter of time... :eek:
wrong..windows will never overtake and eliminate Linux..:) I'm only using the sbs2k3 and that's it. The only reason we have vista here is i was able to buy two copies of xp mce and get two copies of vista home premium for free. Otherwise xp was going to be the last version of windows we were going to run.

I can do everything i want(except gaming of course) on alinux machine that i can do in winders..but under linux it takes literlaly half the hardware for hte same purpose..and of course..free.

Back