Interpret my signature.

Well... When She gets mad she will ask you to please stop harring her... When I get mad I feel like punching someone... Which one is more resembling to Jesus?

You cannot prove there is no God and you cannot prove there is so you have to pick which one you want.

THey disbleive in God because they choose not to. Because they cannot prove he doesnt exist so they just choose nt to believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well... When She gets mad she will ask you to please stop harring her... When I get mad I feel like punching someone... Which one is more resembling to Jesus?

And you are using THAT as her basis? That's it? Do you think a four year old has the cognitive, logical capacity to believe/disbelieve in God?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You cannot prove there is no God and you cannot prove there is so you have to pick which one you want.

It's HOW you pick one that is the point of dispute here, not the choosing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]THey disbleive in God because they choose not to. Because they cannot prove he doesnt exist so they just choose nt to believe

That isn't true Byblos and I've already explained why. I'm tired of repeating myself, scroll up.

that isnt the basis its an example.... Yes she does have hte ability to beluve in god. Why wouldnt she?

And im tired to your twisting of words... bother soemone else on someone elses thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 05 2004,3:59)]that isnt the basis its an example.... Yes she does have hte ability to beluve in god. Why wouldnt she?

And im tired to your twisting of words... bother soemone else on someone elses thread.
I am NOT twisting your words.

However, since this is your thread and you do not value my input then I shall take my leave.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Isn't that where agnosticism falls in since agnostics don't believe they have enough information to decide one way or the other?

A theist says there is a god (or gods), an atheist says there is no god (or gods) an agnostic says I don't know. Agnostics are often grouped together with the atheists as non-commital atheists. There are also non-commital theists as well, who say there is a God, simply impossible to know him. Its just people trying to be please everybody without hurting anybody. I'll take a little of this and a little of that and nobody gets hurt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]True Atheists don't disbelieve in God because they WANT to, but because there is a lack of evidence to support His existence. There's a subtle difference that I believe you are missing. Atheism isn't an ad hoc belief.

Which atheism are you talking about? The Raelians? Humanistic Materialism? Budhism?

Atheism is not a believe system. Atheism is a very broad term covering a lot of aspects of "there is (are) no God(s)"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Oct. 05 2004,4:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Isn't that where agnosticism falls in since agnostics don't believe they have enough information to decide one way or the other?

A theist says there is a god (or gods), an atheist says there is no god (or gods) an agnostic says I don't know.  Agnostics are often grouped together with the atheists as non-commital atheists.  There are also non-commital theists as well, who say there is a God, simply impossible to know him.  Its just people trying to be please everybody without hurting anybody.  I'll take a little of this and a little of that and nobody gets hurt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]True Atheists don't disbelieve in God because they WANT to, but because there is a lack of evidence to support His existence.  There's a subtle difference that I believe you are missing.  Atheism isn't an ad hoc belief.

Which atheism are you talking about?  The Raelians?  Humanistic Materialism?  Budhism?

Atheism is not a believe system.  Atheism is a very broad term covering a lot of aspects of "there is (are) no God(s)"
I think you assume too much on what makes an agnostic an agnostic. If they wanted to 'please everyone' they'd be a theist.

Atheism is a belief system, because it is still a belief. I don't 'know' that there is not a god; I believe that there is not a god.

Back