Interest in keeping the Tribe of Judah Minecraft server running?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Tribe of Judah currently pays $20.52 quarterly (so $6.84 a month) to rent a Minecraft server.

I just logged in to check the player history and we've only had 9 players log in in the last year and only 3 log in this year so far (@BlockHeadLewie, M_i_t_c_h, and myself).

Is there sufficient interest in keeping this server running to justify the cost or should we go ahead and shut it down?

I'd like to have a decision by March 1, regardless of the outcome.

I'd prefer if we keep the server running and invite folks back to the server, but if we do, I'll need active players and server operators to help keep things running.

Funds aren't an issue as the rental cost is cheap and we have the funds.

I myself am as active as "reality" allows and would enjoy seeing the server active again.
However I believe this question is mainly posed at the mainstream community of CGA, but I have made my statement as a staff member.

I don't really play on this server anymore; I play on a more active server with fans of a livestreamer. If ToJ was more active, I'd gladly join again, but I'm not looking for a single player world to play on.

I guess I would say we need a operator who is not just gonna disappear on us. The world is still running on an old build of the game...

I'd be willing to do that, provided I have the rights and someone can guide me through the process.
It's simple. If you are an Operator "Op" all you have to do is join the server and type "/whitelist add <username>" into your chat box. If you have access to the console it's the same thing but I think without the /. In my case it would be "/whitelist add Craymozoid"

Hope that helps.

It's simple. If you are an Operator "Op" all you have to do is join the server and type "/whitelist add <username>" into your chat box. If you have access to the console it's the same thing but I think without the /. In my case it would be "/whitelist add Craymozoid"

Hope that helps.
Looks like I don't have ops. :(

Guess I'll see if I can give myself ops through the web control panel (though I have my doubts).

EDIT:

31.03 18:45:37 [Server] INFO Added Craymozoid to the whitelist

Try it now, @RaySoul!

Last edited:
Okay, I tried updating the server from 1.11.2 to 1.12.2 but the dynmap plugin caused issues and I wasn't able to update the plugins through the MultiCraft panel.

I keep getting an error that started with:

Code:
Failed to update plugin: Unknown command: "xplugin install

I set things back the way they were, which will require players to switch to version 1.11.2 to join the server until I or another member can get the server updated.

Okay, I tried updating the server from 1.11.2 to 1.12.2 but the dynmap plugin caused issues and I wasn't able to update the plugins through the MultiCraft panel.

I keep getting an error that started with:

Code:
Failed to update plugin: Unknown command: "xplugin install

I set things back the way they were, which will require players to switch to version 1.11.2 to join the server until I or another member can get the server updated.
If you're getting those kinds of errors you may need to manually add the plugins back in or hold off on the update for a few months. Could be that 1.12 versions of the plugins don't exist yet. (Not sure what MultiCraft is. I assume it's a hosting service)

Also I will try joining when I get back home tomorrow. Thanks Tek.

Back