I think I have a major problem with SWTOR

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Having not played since February, I forgot how much fun it was to use a lighstaber on my DPS Juggernaut. Makes me want to hold off on my Trooper until I hit 50. With both storylines being pretty cool, this is a huge problem to me, I can't decide what to play. :p

So far I'm digging the Match to Chest coloring options so I don't look like a clown when I pick up good gear, new server population (250~400+ on station normally and even 125 at 3 AM Alaskan!), UI modifier, and especially the Legacy buffs from classes carrying over to a new toon, regardless of Faction. My Smuggler uses his Crit buff and gets extra health thanks to my Bounty Hunter. It's also nice when dedicated players buff bomb you, giving your toon all four buffs for an hour. :D

Enjoying the changes, can't wait for 1.3 and LFG Tool!

Nerds rule!

This the smoothest server transfer/merge I've experienced. It's great seeing the huge population increases. A local friend of mine started playing again too!

Having not played since February, I forgot how much fun it was to use a lighstaber on my DPS Juggernaut. Makes me want to hold off on my Trooper until I hit 50. With both storylines being pretty cool, this is a huge problem to me, I can't decide what to play. :p

So far I'm digging the Match to Chest coloring options so I don't look like a clown when I pick up good gear, new server population (250~400+ on station normally and even 125 at 3 AM Alaskan!), UI modifier, and especially the Legacy buffs from classes carrying over to a new toon, regardless of Faction. My Smuggler uses his Crit buff and gets extra health thanks to my Bounty Hunter. It's also nice when dedicated players buff bomb you, giving your toon all four buffs for an hour. :D

Enjoying the changes, can't wait for 1.3 and LFG Tool!

Ooh, what build are you using on your Jug? I like my jug a lot better than my marauder, but I've been building him as a tank. I would love to see what he could do DPS wise.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101ZcGMRMuz.1

That's what I'm at currently, can't wait for Impale. Stat-wise, I stack Strength and Power (cheaper on the GTN, too!) and use a healer companion. On most fights I stay at about 95% health unless going against Silver (down to 70%) or Gold (40%) which isn't too shabby since I have very little downtime. Shien Form is fantastic for Rage generation, I'm typically around 8+ Rage at all times, even when spamming my Rage spenders. As for the tree, the Unstoppable buff is pretty solid in both PVE and PVP (especially against people who get startled and pop their knockbacks.) Having a free Smash, quicker Force Scream + DoT and double Sunder stacks makes this tree a leveling machine thanks to the raw damage and heavy armor. Rerolled from a level 22 Marauder awhile back, glad I did.

As for your Marauder, what tree are you going? I found left side/bleed tree to be a bit lackluster, enjoyed the middle/auto-proc tree much more.

hey Keero, i had the same problem when i first started playing. i couldn't decide who to play cuz i wanted to play them all! i have four level 50s (diff server, diff guild: trooper, smuggler, BH, and SI). imo, best storyline is smuggler, and their coolness factor is thru the roof. but the funnest gameplay for me is the trooper. this time thru i'm trying my hardest to take them one at a time... my SI is first cuz i love SI pvp healing :D

i should be off and on throughout the day. gotta take little breaks here and there, so if i don't answer right away just hang tight i should be back soon. :D

and one more thing... can anyone tell me if there is any particular crew skill the guild needs? right now i'm just gathering/mission skills, but it's no problem to me to switch over to something the guild needs. if we have all the crafting covered, i don't mind at all being a mat/schem gatherer. :D

hey Keero, i had the same problem when i first started playing. i couldn't decide who to play cuz i wanted to play them all! i have four level 50s (diff server, diff guild: trooper, smuggler, BH, and SI). imo, best storyline is smuggler, and their coolness factor is thru the roof. but the funnest gameplay for me is the trooper. this time thru i'm trying my hardest to take them one at a time... my SI is first cuz i love SI pvp healing :D

i should be off and on throughout the day. gotta take little breaks here and there, so if i don't answer right away just hang tight i should be back soon. :D

and one more thing... can anyone tell me if there is any particular crew skill the guild needs? right now i'm just gathering/mission skills, but it's no problem to me to switch over to something the guild needs. if we have all the crafting covered, i don't mind at all being a mat/schem gatherer. :D

Well I have high synthweaving, artifice, cybertech, and biochem. Not sure who else has what. You can certainly do whatever professions you prefer, though. I don't think we are really at a point where we need any professions for operations or anything like that.

Well I have high synthweaving, artifice, cybertech, and biochem. Not sure who else has what. You can certainly do whatever professions you prefer, though. I don't think we are really at a point where we need any professions for operations or anything like that.

well then i'll stick to gathering/mission professions for the time being... i like to be able to contribute and help out as much as i can :D

As for your Marauder, what tree are you going? I found left side/bleed tree to be a bit lackluster, enjoyed the middle/auto-proc tree much more.

My Jug is specing the Immortal line which he can certainly take a pounding but he's slow on the kill. I've been using DPS companions to speed up the damage. My BH (Powertech spec) can take the damage better but is even slower on the damage.

My first time around, I speced Carnage on my Marauder. He could put out the damage, but after 25 or so, he got really squishy and I couldn't take anything above silver (strong) without help (I had to get help on a couple bosses just to finish the story line). When they changed the trees and refunded my points I build an Annihilation spec. He seems even squishier than ever now. Annihilate is a cool skill, if I can get to use it. In pvp I get ganked fast.

One problem I have at 50 is that my armour is pathetic. I haven't been able to join any op groups to get decent end game equipment.

Back