I need a new graphics card and more memory

Zero Hotz

since I play starwars galaxies and its online only and gets updated every week I need new stuff so I need a good graphics card and more memory like uh what was it again I think it was 512 memory I need well all u halo players what graphics card do u guys have and do u lag mutch a little or alot? I need to know so I can play swg lag free

Well first find out your type of ram not how much you need. Go to www.pcpitstop.com and run there diagnostic and it will tell you your type. Check your processor speed as well. I have 512 MB of memory 133 mhz SDRam, (yea the cheap kind) a Radeon 9500 pro and a 1.1 GHZ processor. I can run Halo at full with no lag. Make sure you know your kind of ram because your motherboard wont take anything else and you may end up breaking it if you put in anything else. Also find out wether your graphics card is AGP or PCI. I dont know how much you know about computers so I gotta tell you all this stuff.

i play halo on a gf4 mx440 with 512mb pc2700, athalon xp 2100+, and sb audigy gamer, and it runs dx 9 and halo at 30+ fps with no lag, odd as it sounds true, and thats having all of halos graphics settings up. it aint supposed to work like this, but it does. however, dont get a gf4 or even a gf fx 5200, as that is only really a gf4 mx right above an mx440, id recommend te 5700 or radeon 9600, both running at about $200, and thy r worth every bit of it. if u got the money to spend, spend the $500 on the new radeon 9800 [some 2 letters here], or as a second choice, the buck or 2 cheaper gf fx 5950.

1.5 ghz athlon
gf4 ti4200
512 ddr ram

but if it's lag that you're worried about, you need high-speed internet, not 56k
tounge.gif

oh pish.. everyone has ATI Radeon 9500 or higher
wow.gif
Heres mine

CPU:p4 2.0A GHz 400fsb
RAM: 512Mb DDR
Videocard: ATI Radeon 9000 pro (heh Overclocked, runs awesome though it can't beat 9800
sad.gif
)
Besides that i got a nice mousepad (Steelpad4D) and a nice soundcard (SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer) laf i do need a videocard upgrade sometime.

Back