I am just not WoW'd anymore

Kagnus

I have decided to cancel my subscription. There is nothing in WoW that holds any attraction to me anymore. Raid content to me is "blah" and the non-raid content is too repetative to be enjoyable. The feast is in raiding and only table scraps are given to the non-raider. I am a big fantasy genre fan, and I just find it disjointing to play a fantasy based game where to be a "hero" you need 39 of your closest friends to do it.

I also tend to play at times when I can really only do things solo, as real life usually demands my attention during "prime" playing hours. I also greatly miss any feeling of fellowship I used to have in the game because of this.

I could go on, but I think those are the two primary reasons the game has lost it's hold on me. I have been playing WoW since November 2003, since it was in Alpha testing (before beta), so perhaps I am played out. I may return at a later date, but probably not for many months, at least not until the expansion comes out.

My subscription ends on 6/10/06. I will be glad to make/give anyone anything they need (meaning not given to be sold on the auction house :) ). I will also be removing my characters from the guild, but that has nothing to do with the guild or any of the members in it. Thanks to all of you who I have enjoyed many hours of good times with, and I wish you the best of further fun in WoW :)

If anyone wants to email me to keep in-touch, my emails are kd7kcl@msn.com and kd7kcl@comcast.net.

Last edited:
You will be missed Connor. You are a wonderful christian witness in game. This is a loss for anyone that has had the honor of playing with you ingame. I hope that you will find a game that holds more fun for you to play. Let me know if you do....I will come play with you:) Middle Earth Online and Vanguard look promising:) We will keep the light on for you if you decide to give WoW another try, like after the expansion comes out maybe:)

Tinie/Angie

You have been a great help to me personally Osk. You have been an excellent partner, officer, brother, and guildmate. You personify a man with balance with real life and bringing your gifts and talents online. I have seen acts of generousity from you unparalleled during my time in WoW. You have been a voice of reason for the officers and have truly been a shining example of someone not caught up in the end game. Not only will we keep a light on for you, you will have a place of honour amongst us. We, I, will miss you.

Connor,
You were the first person on my 'friends' list besides Angie and Ken who I knew from another server. You gave me a pair of daggers for my rogue simply after my asking for advice. You recently gave me an arcanite converter, again, because I was in need, and you had one. You are not the only one who has shown me what I believe the guild should be like, but you were the first. Thank you.

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. I am sorry that I didn't get to play more with you. Hopefully, you will return, and I will get a chance to repay you. Until then, may God watch over you and keep you safe.

Mimbari/Steve (Smitty)

Connor,

I know it must be hard to be short and fat and bald and live up to the paladin expectations ;) maybe you should roll a human next time instead of a dwarf.

You are a great player and an even better person. Call on me anytime for any reason. I will miss talking to you, and running back from the graveyard with you.

Kevin

khare4@msn.com

Take care Connor. As long as I've been in the guild, you've been here. Always willing to lend a helping hand whenever and wherever you possibly could. I thank you greatly for that. You will be missed. I hope to see ya again, hopefully sooner than later.

Take Care and KIT. Mach1Cane@yahoo.com

Chris

You will be missed Connor... you have encouraged me in hard times. You have been so generous to others, I am sure many speak of the things you just went out their and did for them. I remember when you presented me with my first uber dagger (Heartseeker), I almost fell over. You had farmed the mats, and made it for me. I know I thanked you then, but thanks for everything! I hope that we will see you again. Take care my friend.

Connor,

Thanks for all the encouragement and support along the way. Although I have not been able to play much lately, you are certainly one of the people I look for when I am online. I understand some of what you are saying, since I too am a more casual gamer and yet have not excelled to the level of the Mighty Connor. :) Now I can't wait for the expansion to come out ... content/schmontent - I want my Connor back. :*(

Be blessed in all your endeavours.

Merril elwood_b2000@hotmail.com

Thank you all for the very kind words. And like I said, the expansion may bring me back. Hopefully when the beta testing info becomes publically available, I can see if it is worth it or not, or if it is just more of the same.

I will also contiue to lurk the forums, and perhaps nose in here and there :)

Osk said:
Thank you all for the very kind words. And like I said, the expansion may bring me back. Hopefully when the beta testing info becomes publically available, I can see if it is worth it or not, or if it is just more of the same.

I will also contiue to lurk the forums, and perhaps nose in here and there :)

Please do lurk the forums and give us an update on how you're doing. Any plans on what your going to be doing with your spare time now?

Well, I have some house projects to catch up on, plus some yard upkeep to tackle. Other than that, nothing planned :)

And as a side note, my son Kyle has been playing some of my characters before he no longer can :) So if you see them, you will have to do the Adam-Caleb interrogation to find out who it is :)

hehe :)

:_( no more Osk to bug about PvPing with me? :'( :_(

I'll miss you, bro --- but if you think that leaving WoW will get you out of the Forgiven, I think you are sorely mistaken --- once Forgiven, always Forgiven :) we are more than a guild, and even more than a family --- we are the Body of Christ and we don't lose pieces easy :)

To Osk the Mighty: Goodbye, it was nice knowing you --- maybe in the burning crusade?

To Connor: You ain't going nowhere --- have fun raiding the yard and house, but if you disappear permanently I'll be mad and you wouldn't want that, would you? I mean, when I'm mad I don't hug ppl and that's a crime. In Christ, your brother (nephew?), John "Junior" den Otter

<3 *Hugs!* <3

We can't have John going outlaw on my account, so God willing, I will still be around the forums at least :)

However, my son Kyle has been haggling with me and is pleading with me to close his account and keep mine active so he can play my characters. So far, he has put Osk, Malcolm and Azolas in Ascensum. He is getting terribly bored with raid tanking (one of the problems with raiding: tunnel-visioned roles for each class, with cookie-cutter builds). So I will perhaps be letting him keep my account active. :eek:

If that is so, I may from time-to-time pop in to PvP a bit :D

Osk said:
If that is so, I may from time-to-time pop in to PvP a bit :D

Awsome! Best news all day. Even if it is only from time to time, it will be good to see ya online.

Great news!

Edit: Perhaps you should consider rolling a pvp toon with some of us. :D

Last edited:
Back