Hydro(?) Hack!

Odale

I was just on our server testing out my computer, now that it has 2 gigs of ram, and not just one. It works fantastically... but apparently so do the hacks in Hydro.

(The map with the pumps in the main room in between the red and blue sides. Theres a vent on a deck, behind a little room... one side of the vent drops almost directly over the intel and the other side goes to the start point.)

When you enter the vent near the spawn point, you can jump up and be above the ceiling... I saw some people utilizing this. There was a medic and a heavy... medic would heal out of site and the heavy would mele people down.

Just want someone to be aware of this.

The people who were utilizing it were some (P2D) folks. I dunno who they are...

Edit!: The hackings occurred at around 10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, on 3/4/08, a Tuesday. Maybe that will help out with a list of who logged on and when... etc.

Odale, were these *hacks* or are they just holes in the map? If it's a hack, that's one one problem, but if it's a problem with the map, that's Valve's problem. :p

This was Blue attacking Red at the final cap point?

LOL. Well, I can definitely say that it is not a hack. :) The map btw was Turbine, and I was there for the event in question (my steam name is "(P2D) The FragMan"), and I can tell you who the others were too, if you want.

What it is, is a type of glitch in the game where you can become stuck in the ceiling if you jump and crouch at the right (or wrong) time. Most of the time it happens by accident, but one of the guys figured out how it happens, and did it intentionally just for fun. I too have done it before on accident, and trust me, you gain no advantage over other players by being stuck in one place unable to dodge their bullets, so by definition it's not a hack. Just a plain old glitch.

Last edited:
<Comes back to check this thread... since he forgot about it.>

I don't mean to call anyone out on it, I just thought it was weird, and Hack is the only word that came to mind about the map bug issue.

Just wanted someone else to know :)

Back