How is the pny ti4200?

SSquared

Anyone know anything about the PNY Verto Ti4200 with 64MB? I was asking recently about the MadDog cards, but by the time I was gonna go to CompUSA to buy it, they were out. This time, they have the PNY for $80 after rebate.

I've checked some reviews and epinions. Everyone liked it on Epinions. But I'd still like some insight from this site. I trust your opinions and would like to borrow from the wealth of knowledge we have here.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, another question. Reviews mention how it doesn't come with a software DVD player. Does this really matter? Can't I just use Windows Media Player or InterActual Player? Do I need special DVD drivers specific to the card?

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
I went the DAY of the ad and they already sold out.  There's another CompUSA that may still have it, but it's a bit too far away.
sad.gif

Oh well. I wasn't really expecting to get a new video card until "Knights of the Old Republic" (set for Fall now), so I guess I still have more time for prices to fall. But I'll just keep watching prices/ads.

any DVD software should work. I would get any Ti4200 for that price. They perform pretty much the same following Nvidia's reference model. Worst case down the line you replace the fan for $10.

Back