How did you hear about Tribe of Judah?

Wow, this has been a really interesting thread!

Apparently Tek's theory that I live under a rock is true. Because I really had no clue that Sarugon and Shade are brothers....

Anyway, Tek told me about ToJ some 7 or 8 years ago, not long after we first started talking. Before we were even dating. I finally joined about 5 months ago. XD

Man, no kidding. Seems a LOT of people found Tribe of Judah through our Guild Wars chapter.

And the best part is, the people from GW that posted here are just a fraction of the actual member count. I've been trying to get more people into ToJ Gen and CGA Gen as I can and it looks like it's workin' a little bit.

I found out about ToJ because Redeemed-WoW needed more druid healers to run Molten Core raids. So a Redeemed guildie (who was ironically a sponsored, non-Christian 9th grader) recruited me to join in the Friday night MC adventures, and because I didn't wipe the raid TOO many tiems I then got to know the Redeemed/ToJ crowd ... and then via a lengthy circuitous route I eventually became a member of ToJ ... despite some massive personal misgivings about WoW guilds.

So my personal story just goes to reinforce the stereotype that WoW is just about raiding, even when it comes to building Christian communities ;)

I found ToJ through google. I have been looking for other Christian gamers, especially to play World of Warcraft. I am hoping to find a guild, but I looked on the Christian Gamers Alliance list and it looks like Malorne does not have a Christian guild listed.

I herd u guise liek mudkipz. >.>

In all seriousness, I've known Keero for a billion years thanks to CCGR, and he doesn't stop talking about Tribe of Judah. Turns out I registered an account long ago. Since I wanted to find some other Christian gamers to play with, I decided to join up again.

Quick intro to me: I just finished my fifth full time year of college. I'm about to wrap up my BS in theology and music ministry at Multnomah University. Been playing games since birth. Worked with a bunch of Christian gaming sites and even some magazines. Played guitar since I was 14. Been programming on and off for a few years or so. I live on the Oregon/Washington border (WA side of the Portland region), but I can't wait to move back to the South... or Michigan if I end up attending Calvin Theological Seminary.

Oh, and I'll look at you weird if you call me Kendrik. I'm a real-name guy, so feel free to call me Kenny as you see fit. ;)

All in all, happy to be here. Looking forward to gettin' to know you folks.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure how i found you guys, but it was back in the Counter-Strike days. I must have just been scrolling through the list of servers.

A lot of good memory's from back then.

I initially heard about ToJ via GWGuru. During Canthan New Year, I was looking to join a district hosting the festival. I visited SoE's district. Then about a month ago I was looking for Christian Xbox Live gamers on google and found ToJ again.

Believe I saw a link to CGA from CCGR.org. I had just built my custom PC and was looking to play TF2, saw that TOJ had a chapter for TF2 so I signed up. Bada-bing bada-boom, here I am about two years later Axting people in the air and co-leading the PS3 chapter.

Once upon a time I was bored and looking for low ping servers in Unreal Tournament 3. Alas I came across a server that was named [toj] Christian Carnage. The very first thing I thought to myself was that Christian Carnage meant killing Christians so I thought this was an actual satanic and or anti Christian server. I entered the server because this was on top of my list for the lowest ping and realized that there was a Bible verse and maybe that Christian Carnage meant something else. I played on the server for a while and no one showed up. The server stats showed that no one had played on that server in months. On the server was an advertisment for the offical toj website. I came here and signed up and posted on the forums asking if anyone was actually alive in the ut III community. I got a responce back and a fellow by the name of DannyMiester said that he'd come play a few games with me on Monday. I was pretty excited because the Unreal community didn't have any Christians that I knew of. For a long time it was just me and Danny playing together on the ToJ server. It took a very long time until other people started coming and the server went from being totally dead to very alive. I got to meet other Christians and thought that this was the coolest thing to share fellowship with other believers in Christ as we all blow the crap out of each other in a friendly game of UT III. I have to hand it to Danny as I can almot be positive that if he didn't send that message to me and didn't play those games, I wouldn't be here right now and would have moved on to other servers. As time went on a fellow by the name of Captian_Tea came on and made the server 1,000,000 times better than it was before. I also was given server admin acesss as well. Between Danny and Captain_Tea, I knew I wasn't going to be going anywhere and that i'd definetly stick with ToJ and become a part of this awesome community in Christ. I am now a VERY active member in the ToJ game chapters Unreal Tournament III and Starcraft 2.

Um.... I was.... lol.... I was looking for WoW guilds..... and here I am now....

Ya. That was when I was addicted :p However WoW wasn't for me. But I'm still here (reference to Treasure Planet song :p ).

I gave credit to Keero-san for my being here, and that's fair; his talking about ToJ is what led to me being something of a regular member here. However, I realized the other day that I already had an existing account from years prior. Not forever ago, but still from "somewhere back there." I found the clan after picking up Starcraft (I was late to the party) and looking for a Christian group to game with.

Don't think I ever actually did, but I'd like to blame Starcraft for my original interest in ToJ.

Back in early-mid 2001, I was introduced to Counter-Strike. I don't /exactly/ remember how I found or was looking for ToJ - but here's what I can remember or what I think happened.

A few months after first playing Counter-Strike (CS), I was getting sick of all the immature players, bad language, and cheaters. So I started to look for a Christian server and googled for it and found Tribe of Judah. I read ToJ's mission statements and agreed with all of it. After applying, a few days later I see this on the front page:

New member Wednesday, September 12, 2001 4:48AM - Tek7
Everyone welcome Goose62 to Tribe of Judah.

Later I became and admin and then co-leader of the ToJ:CS chapter and then leader. ToJ was my first "clan" and not only did it introduce me to the world of competitive gaming (CAL League), we brought ToJ into structured competitive gaming for the first time in the CS chapter.

I'm still playing CS after all this time and am actually competing in CEVO-intermediate right now. It stink that ToJ doesn't have a CS chapter anymore, but with new games comes new members and CS is slowly dying anyways.

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, being as I'm married and have 2 kids now. But it makes me happy that Tek and the members have kept ToJ going all this time.

Back in early-mid 2001, I was introduced to Counter-Strike. I don't /exactly/ remember how I found or was looking for ToJ - but here's what I can remember or what I think happened.

A few months after first playing Counter-Strike (CS), I was getting sick of all the immature players, bad language, and cheaters. So I started to look for a Christian server and googled for it and found Tribe of Judah. I read ToJ's mission statements and agreed with all of it. After applying, a few days later I see this on the front page:

New member Wednesday, September 12, 2001 4:48AM - Tek7
Everyone welcome Goose62 to Tribe of Judah.
Oy, a few days? I must have still be processing applications then. Applications (with rare exceptions) now get processed in less than 48 hours.

Delegation ftw. :D

I'm impressed you kept (or were able to dig up) a copy/paste of the news text. I think I was still building and maintaining the ToJ web site back in 2001.

Maaan, we've come a long way.

Later I became and admin and then co-leader of the ToJ:CS chapter and then leader. ToJ was my first "clan" and not only did it introduce me to the world of competitive gaming (CAL League), we brought ToJ into structured competitive gaming for the first time in the CS chapter.
Good times, good times. I was glad to see ToJ playing CS 1.6 competitively (even though I wasn't that fond of the game). ToJ's CS team set a precedent that would be later followed by our competitive TF2 team, which I did play on. More importantly, ToJ CS competition team members showed Christian character to a niche community often known for anything but.

Little known fact: I actually played as a ringer on one of the ToJ CS competitive teams (yes, there were multiple teams). And yes, we lost that match.

I'm still playing CS after all this time and am actually competing in CEVO-intermediate right now. It stink that ToJ doesn't have a CS chapter anymore, but with new games comes new members and CS is slowly dying anyways.
:(

Whenever we have a dedicated server (either rented or colocated), CS 1.6 is likely one of the first servers we'll add to the current lineup of games. If nothing else, we'll have a seasonal Christmas maps server. (I know, it isn't the same, but shooting that radio still makes me smile.)

(Also, you should link us to demos of your team's matches.)

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, being as I'm married and have 2 kids now. But it makes me happy that Tek and the members have kept ToJ going all this time.
Aww, shucks.

/blush

It made me smile to read your post, Goose. Very encouraging. :)

If you ever pick up any other games or ever want to revive the CS chapter, even if just for fun, feel free to send me a PM. Every game may start its countdown to obscurity on the day of release, but our faith is everlasting.

Back