Holy Priest + Alchemist: Aldor or Scyer

faust

I haven't picked a faction with Salveation yet. While I prefer the healing shoulder enchant that Aldor offers, I like the alchemy recipe that's only offered on the Scyer side: Exilir of Major Firepower (though I know I could always get a Scyer Alchemist to make it for me).

I am not concerned about the items that both offer, because to be honest with any luck I will be replacing all of those items in short order once I hit 70. This leaves me with the Inscriptions and the Alchemy potion recipe making the deciding factor for me (unless you think I am missing something).

Aldor: +33 Healing, 4 mp/5

Scryer: +22 Healing, 6 mp/5

I think the extra +11 to healing is better overall, what do you think?

Tough call. I went Aldor on my priest because I had tailoring/enchanting. I think that with your plans to go holy, Aldor is the better choice. If you think that there is any possibility at all of going back to shadow, go Scryer.

Actually you wont see the full benefit of the +11 heal in anything but Renew, this is excluding talents, so essentially you'll only receive 1/3 of the bonus in flash heal & greater heal, about +4 healing in reality. MP5 is a life saver in long battles as every ounce of mana helps, 2/mp5 roughly translates into 24 mana per minute, which doesn't seem like a lot on the surface but over time it really adds up. For ex..I can heal for 5k a shot but I run out of mana to early and the tank dies, +heal does nothing to help.

Now in saying all that, here's an opposing view if you already have a high mp5 but low +heal, I can heal forever but my tank gets smacked for 6k and i'm only healing for 4k, tank still dies. It's all about preference really and what best benefits your particular need.

Yeah, it depends on your gear setup.

Most of the great healers I know use two different sets of gear:
  • a heavy max'd-out +Heal set for trash, and
  • a balanced stats/regen/+heal set for bosses (longevity and survival)
Some items overlap, of course.

Back