Hello

direpath

Hi everyone,

My name is Jon and I just joined up on the site here. I have been getting back into GW2 and was looking for a solid guild to join up with. I have always played alongside my long-time multi-game guildmates since 2003 in SWG and on into WoW. None of them are really into GW2 and so the guild we had made was feeling a bit lonely. I wanted to join up with a more active guild. I came across your guild as I began searching. I had searched a bit for Christian based guilds and yours kept coming up. So here I am.

I pretty much rerolled all my toons from launch to get back into things. I am sticking with a mesmer for now as I seem to enjoy it the most. I will need to catch up with someone in game to get a guild invite, the handle is direpath.4712.

A little about me...

I have only been a Christian for the past three years. It feels like I have known God longer. Perhaps it is the fact that I can look back now and see all the good he has brought at various points in my life. I attend a church up where I live in Victoria, BC. I am involved in worship and am starting to involve myself in kid's and men's ministry. I am part of an amazing community of believers who show me who God is on a daily basis. I work full-time in IT for municipal government. I have four kids (including a set of twins). I just had my fifth anniversary with my loving wife. I own a small farm with a group of friends and believers. Life is pretty crazy.

As a gamer, I tend to be a bit of a solo-er. My time commitments and family do afford me lots of playtime in the evenings, but I can be pulled away sporadically to deal with family stuff. So solo play tends to work well. I love lore and story in games. I enjoy being part of a community in game, even if I can only be involved in the odd event. I love helping others out and I tend to learn the ins and outs of a game rather quickly. I'm usually the guy who knows where the obscure drops or locations are. I'm not there yet in GW2 but I will be.

I look forward to seeing you all in game and God bless.

Hey Jon, welcome aboard. I tend to play solo as well as I keep odd hours... This is definitely a guild that believes that family and ministry and life comes first and the game comes way after. We jump in when we can and have a good time no matter what. I think you'll like it here. What's your in-game name. We'll be sure to watch for you online.

Oh... I was wondering why there wasn't a lot of action on this post and noticed it was in GW2 Discussion... We get a lot more traffic in General Discussion [LoE]. You've probably figured that out by now, but just in case...

Back