Headset troubles

IndyOfComo

I have a TurtleBeach wireless headset set, but I rarely get it to work properly. This weekend I bought a licensed headset for $20, partly in hopes that they'll work better, partly so I don't have to dig behind my receiver unit to splice the TB set into the audio line(I don't leave it in-line, because it effects the volume even when it isn't in use.)
I still got nothing with the $20 headset. I noticed that when moving the plug around I would occasionally hear static. When I was in Halo:Reach multiplayer at the matchmaking screen, I noticed that when there was static the symbol next to my name would change from the circle showing which controller I was on to the speaker symbol. So I thought, must be the socket in the controller, since I have problems with the TB set as well.
So I tried out my second controller. No dice, same problem.

What are your suggestions for getting on voice?

you know, I figured out what was going on. The speaker symbol only comes on when you are speaking(or making other noise). That part, at least, works fine.

Hmm, are you muted in the sound settings? Think it's in the Xbox guide button, somewhere to the right when that window pops up.

It was all NAT stuff. I eventually got it fixed. Now I have a mic. But I am surprised at how few people I see in Halo:Reach with a mic! I used to hear people a decent amount the few times I played Halo 3 online.

Back