Has anyone played xenosaga?

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
yeah im really interested in the game, but im not sure my folks would approve, just from the game box. plus i dont want to spend $50 and be disappointed. thanks ya'll

Review of Xenosaga...here it goes

Gameplay:
Good stuff. I guess your typical RPG fare, except it has a point based battle system (you start with 4 points and get 4 points per turn. You can save up the points and do special "tech attacks" that do more damage (usually)). It's very linear which is again typical of a Japanese RPG, but that is to be expected. The game isn't hard, but it isn't easy either. Some battles will take awhile, and the characters don't level up like crazy (compared to FFX). And a couple side-quests to keep you busy for a little longer. Oh, and being able to play with AGWS (big robots) is pretty fun diversion, but not necessary. Overall, 4/5

Graphics
It looks pretty dated, but it manages to do pretty well. I personally think it looks pretty good, and don't have any complaints. The characters are drawn in anime style (huge eyes, small mouths, etc) so if that's not your thing then, it might lower the score a bit more for you. 4.5/5

Story
This is where the game shines. The story is full of religious references (one just might be able to make some sense out of all the references) but some might find it offensive. It is a deep, complex story about mankind and origins of mankind (I think. I'm still trying to figure it all out). I really like stories in games, especially good ones, so this one gets 5/5

Offensive content
There are a very few offensive language, and a bit of gory scenes (but not overdone). There are also some disturbing imagery which was enough to make me think that this game should have been rated M.

Final say
If you like RPGs with good story this is it. Overall, the game gets a 4/5. It's a pretty good game that deserves at least a rental, but the offensive content might put off some.

yeah ive beaten many rpgs and other games so yeah i could write a few reviews, where do i send them in?? and thanks for the review SaintK.

ccgr@ccgr.org, just send them in plain text, I'll convert to html. Screenshots are helpful but not required. Once it gets your approval, they go live.

yeah i'll definitly type up the reviews, and send em

I'd like to help out w/ the reviews. Ain't as much of a gamer as I used to be, but still play good amounts. I'm mostly a console gamer though =) Are there certain games that needs a review more than others?

Back