Guild Wars 2: The First Year

I think the race spread is mostly to do with this being a game where you have the ability to "play dress up". Charr dont look that great in a lot of gear. Humans and Norn are tops mainly for this reason.

In general people tend to relate better to human shaped races.

It's just everyone remembers The Searing, and therefore no one loves Charr. That and they all smell like wet dogs. Weapon Smithing as top crafting discipline is no surprise. It was also no surprise that Warrior is most loved class, although 2nd being ranger was a surprise. Very close on the Kiel/Gnashblade vote. At this rate the game will have a very long life span.

For me, they reminded me too much of Tauren from WoW. That and I seem to avoid anthromorphic races (using WoW again, I have yet to play a Tauren, Worgen, Panda or Draenei past their starter area).

I like the human based races. I have two Humans, a Norn, and a Sylvari atm. I plan to use my fifth slot to power through a Charr and Asura just to the end of their racial/personal story line for achievements. Possibly to get cultural armor too for the same reason.

Weapon Smithing as top crafting discipline is no surprise.

I was kinda surprised. I'm so used to thinking of crafting as primarily an alt-levelling tool, an weaponsmithing is expensive! I have six toons who are all at 400 in Cooking, Jewelcraft, and Artificing because they are the three cheapest to level. I kinda expected cooking, as by far the cheapest, to be at the top.

Back