Guild Alliance on Iron Rock

Durruck

Pirate!
Since we had to reset everything regarding the guild when we moved to Iron Rock, I thought it'd be a good time to post and let you guys know where we're at regarding the guild alliance.

As I mentioned before, we're part of a larger group - Defenders of the Mountain. It's a collaboration of several alliances that will bring us closer together, working better to defeat destruction. I've already been in a few groups with guilds in DOTM and been happy with how well be fought against forces as much as three times larger than us.

If you're interested in seeing how they work, sign up on their forums - www.defendersofthemountain.com then let me know that you've signed up and I can grant you access to the protected forums. Please use your main character name. While in-game, type "/channeljoin dotm" to access the chat channel.

Our smaller sub-alliance is a mix of new and old guilds from REM. Currently, our alliance is made of the following guilds:

• Redeemed
  • Sacred Silver Blades
  • Tendency to Hate Chaos
  • Aureus Knights
  • Deephallow Brewers
  • United By Legend
  • Wanderlust Kings (formerly Jagermeisters on REM)

They have all been made aware of our request to keep language (and innuendos) under control. They all agreed that they will do their best to keep even their ventrilo servers clean while we are there, but because they haven't had to moderate themselves in the past, they may have some slip ups. Please use tact and grace while dealing with these oopsies as they happen.

This is a great witness opp for us all. Obviously we are not going to show the Love of Jesus to these people by showing how "Religious" we are. In fact the last thing a bunch of pagan gamers want to see is more "Religion" What we can show them is that we are loving, kind, patient, helping, and supportive. When they see all these qualities, that are basically foreign to their own guilds, (for the most part) then they will see a difference in us.

Ripping them when they mess up and occasionally swear will do us no good. Countering their dirty talk with love and talk of pure things will do much good. If they get a feeling of fresh air and peace when they group with us they will notice a difference.

Witnessing in a game requires patience and long term perseverance. You need to maintain a fantastic reputation over your entire gaming experience, because if you let it slip just once it can ruin all you worked for. Of course asking forgiveness when you screw up also is incredibly powerful as well as a witness, so remember to seek forgiveness quickly when you need to..

Anyways, just some words of encouragement. I would love to see Red play a part in giving this Alliance a good taste of Jesus' Love

As a side note, my Bible thumpin' statement was just a joke and was not intended to be taken seriously. :D

I do agree with Ewoks in that leading by example is by far the best way to convey Christ to other gamers.

hehe, I knew you were kidding, but it did make me think of times when others were not. Seeing hypocrisy is so hard for non-Christians to accept in us. We have to avoid it and be as transparent as possible. There can be very little good done from calling out sin in a non-Christian's life as they will just look at our sin and call us hypocritical.

In vent at 1:00 AM a few nights ago, I was asked if a rather nasty conversation was offending me (props to Creeter for asking).
I used the opportunity to talk about my choice to follow Jesus Christ, and how my life before hand was not so good.

So ya, there are witnessing opportunities.

And they are respectful, which is kool.

Before we get too happy about the decision to join this alliance...I know...here comes a dissent!

I do see it as a tool for witnessing but...

I am not trying to be self righteous or holier than thou but I feel that opportunities to witness at the expense of all of the guild members may not be the best fit for the guild as a whole. Again, what is the atmosphere of the guild that we are trying to create?

If I might predict, the language will be 'ok' in the beginning and eventually will require maintenance to keep things clean. I'm not volunteering for that job but those who feel led by the Spirit to, then by all means...

Remember that there are people from all walks of life in our guild (and in the alliance). Having alliance spam is going to affect people in different ways. I think everyone should know how to filter alliance spam out so they don't have to see it if they dont want to...such as myself. Perhaps on a stickie that already exists above?

Another thing...it is obvious that T4 is having a lot of problems for order again. I've been only in T3 mostly in IR scenarios and the whining and complaints really flow when destro has its premades going. I can only imagine what alliance spam will be like or has been when things have been chaotic in T4 oRvR. Things to keep in mind.

And one other thing. Please remember to pray for our guild as a community. We all spend a lot of time here and I think it's worth a part in our daily prayers.

Hey Zebebee,

Those are good and insightful thoughts and points. From experience, if our guilds have a good relationship, everybody will work on. I know in WoW, Redeemed did alot stuff with another guild, The Holicron Knights. I'm sure when Redeemed was involved, HK was what HK was, I'm sure Odale could give insight on this. But when we were together, they policed themselves, which to me meant they valued our friendship. We never bible bashed or said anything other then it would be appreciated if they could keep chat G rated.

Were there slips ups? Sure, on both sides. Funny thing about the heat of the moment is that we all are the same humans. And I'm sure HK had an easier time policing language when we policed our own members in a loving manner.

I think the warning is needed and should be heeded. On the other hand, people who value our friendship as we value theirs, will not find it a burden to police themselves.

Back