GEM Updated...

Durruck

Pirate!
For those that still use GEM for SGA events, it has been updated to version 2.14. I don't think it includes support for WoW 1.12.1, but you'll be loading "out of date" mods anyway, so that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Patchnote:
- 2.14 :
- September, 26th 2006 :
- Added esES localization (thx to carahuevo)
- Attempting to detect joins/leaves in the guild channel (needed for events and subscriptions to be broadcasted)
- September, 18th 2006 :
- Fixed incorrect re-initialization of the 'guild' channel during next login
- Greatly improved special 'guild' channel usage
- Fixed issue with 'guild' channel, for multiple toons, in multiple guilds
- Added possibility to remove a player from the Auto-Add members list
- September, 11th 2006 :
- Fixed events disapearing too soon (after scheduled date), even for the leader

It looks like the author is taking steps to try to reduce the amount of traffic being pushed out... by trying to sense joins and leaves from a channel...

but man, that's not going to help much - when I check all of my mailboxes today, that's still going to request pushes from everyone 8 times. Perhaps he should write in a function that checks for account ID, time since last push request (and last time data was received via other players push requests), and if that's more than.....say 2 or 3 hours(?)...THEN request a push.

Thoughts?

GEM v2.15-2 is available from the Author's Website

- 2.152 :
- October, 13th 2006 :
- Fixed some other lua errors
- Guild channel init fixed
- 2.15 :
- October, 10th 2006 :
- Fixed some lua errors
- Added an experimental feature to "pause" gem (/gem pause [on/off]). In pause mode, no messages will be sent (but they are queued) or received (channels are left)

Yes, for those that don't have it yet, GEM 2.15 offers a pause feature to help reduce lag.

/gem pause on <--- stops data flow, should fix the lag in a hurry
/gem pause off <--- will collect data. Nice to use during flights or AFKs over 5 mins, if nothing else.

If I can clarify, if you plan on hooking up with the SGA, small guild alliance we are part of, you will need GEM. If you are not planning on taking events in with the SGA and only doing guild events, you won't need GEM, Group Calendar is what we use for our events.

Details on GEM / SGA stuff ...

/gem addchan asgagem

then you can use the two /gem commands Randy listed above ...

Back