FuBar vs Titan Panel

example42

Thoughts? I have used Titan for ages, but I haven't seen many new Titan apps lately. FuBar on the other hand seems to be getting lots of attention. Has anyone used both who cares to weigh in?

I used to use Titan bar, but am now using Fubar. I
have been much happier with fubar, and it has tons
of great plugins. I only use a select few, but have
tried quite a bit of them. I mainly don't use lots I
test because I don't need them for my class.

Here is my current UI on my warlock, the shaman
is nearly the same, but with some bars showing as
even though I have everything hotkeyed, I am still
learning the class and shift stuff around. I will try to
get a screeny of my UI in a raid situation.

screen1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like your bars got cut off of the screen shot.

I have been using fubar for a while and am enjoying it greatly. The first reason I went to it was its guild list plugin shows all the online members and doesn't have the 25 person limit that the titan panel plugin has. Never used to be a problem, but we seem to have grown substantially. :) I am not missing any plugin that I desired from Titan and I also like its look much better with x-perl.

Fubar and its main plugins can be obtained from WowAce and they are updated constantly. One caution is that sometimes they are updated but may have an error in relation to other mods you have. I always keep a previous working version on file until I know that the plugin is not generating errors. Just wait a day or two, a new version will be along. :)

Sure nice to have options, I have been happy with Titan and have all the plugins I need. If anyone is looking for one, let me know I have a collection of author sites who make them but might not use the normal mod distro sites

I switched to fubar at the beginning of TBC. I wasn't really displeased with titan, just wanted to try some mods which weren't available through titan. I have been sticking with fubar because it has the same mods as Titan, and they are all in one place! (wowace.com). Other than that there really isn't that much of a difference. I think FuBar is a little tiny bit lighter in terms of footprint and also a tiny bit more flexible, but neither was enough of a difference to encourage a switch.

I have switched over to fubar from titan and atm it is working quiet well for me. I do not see me switching back at least until some new mods are written for titan.

So I've been trying out FuBar. So far so good. It doesn't really do anything for me that Titan didn't, but the add ons are updated more frequently and there are a few more add ons to choose from. It was worth switching I guess, but it hasn't effected my gameplay at all.

I wanted to switch to fubar, but I need a mod similar to titan stance set, switches me from daggers when stealthed to swords when visible on my rogue.. is there a plugin avail for that?

well I am on day 3 on fubar (esua only). Can't say I am overly impressed. While there are definitely more addons for it, none of them I would use. At this point, I find Titan is cleaner and better looking, which I know is subjective but just my feel on how some of the addons look, for example the guild addon under fubar isn't pretty. I don't like how many of the fubar addons deal with their color. In any case, running both at the same time (but on different characters), most people won't notice any difference.

Actually, the guild addon Fubar_GuildFu is the first reason I chose to switch. The guild mod for Titan has a 25 toon limit to viewing current players. With the increased size of our guild it was always requiring that I set some filter to bring the amount to display below 25. Fubar_GuildFu will show all current players no matter how many of us are logged on at one time.

yup, that is a limitation but not one that bothers me much. I am much more visual and find the fubar one a bit unclean for my liking. They almost had me as their sort is persistent across logoffs but they don't allow descending which then ruined it for me.

Back