Friday, February 11,2011

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don’t argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. Romans 14:1 (NLT)

So often we see a new Christian as being less of a Christian because they still don't understand the Bible or practical applications of our faith to life. We expect them to be and act fully mature in the faith. They are not and cannot - yet. But we are still to accept them. Just avoid arguing with them. It is kind of like what Paul said to the church at Philippi,

All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Philippians 3:15 (NIV)

A great reminder. Definitely something I need to keep in mind when dealing with my fellow classmates in college. It's a Biblical Studies program, and yet there are people from all over the spiritual maturity scale.

I need to remember to not be too careless when discussing ideas with some of the spiritually young. The difficulty is that there are a few more "mature" people in the class, and we debate ideas and occasionally draw in one of the younger folks. It's difficult to keep from damaging the younger folks while hammering out deeper theological principles between us that are ready for the meat. Ugh!

That is tough to do.

I remember when I was first getting a grasp on things - having this urge to correct any discrepancy and fix others' theology. That gets old and doesn't do much for lasting relationships. lol

We all need review in the basics occasionally, now sing with me the old song "Jesus Loves Me This I know".

having this urge to correct any discrepancy and fix others' theology

Well, some of it is discussion on background topics, and others are just discussions about theology between denominations, separating dogma from doctrine, etc. The hardest part is balancing differing theology based on Wesleyan and Calvinist views.

Back