For Teks info

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
Playing tonight after the re-boot. There are still active crits :( I saw only one soldier rocket crit, but had quite a few demo crits.

Demo Crit

TFTrue isn't able to filter out the visual and audio cues for crits, so you'll still see and hear crit cues--but the highlighted grenade, rocket, or bullet doesn't actually inflict crit-level damage.

If I remember correctly before, you'll see the flash from the bullets and the sound, but you won't see the green "Critical Hit!" text appear above your target if it connects.

yeah, I don't know if I saw one connect. I did die to the crit rocket, but don't know if it was just well placed or a true crit....

If you get hit, you shouldn't hear the "woosh" sound that indicates you got smacked by a crit.

@Tek - I assume since we're having the conversation, that you received the updated version of TFTrue from deFy and put it on the server?

@Tek - I assume since we're having the conversation, that you received the updated version of TFTrue from deFy and put it on the server?
uber informed me that he installed TFTrue LITE 1.2.1 on the server. He also gave me the server variables he's using for the deFy server; we're using the same settings.

So, in short, yes, uber sent me the info and I made the changes to re-disable crits.

Just for everybody's info, the changes we made to the TFTrue plugin and upgrade *did not* get rid of crits like we thought. Crits are still active on the server, unfortunately, and we're still working on this.

I wish Valve would just give us a cvar already. :(

Another update, it seems like there's a bug with TFTrue on linux servers, and there might be a manual work around. I'm home for the weekend, I'll be looking into this and updating the server (if it hasn't updated already) when I get back sunday night.

On another note, in a future update to the game, they'll be unlocking a bunch of cvars, one of which may be a crit var. There's no confirmation of it in this thread but the author seemed to think it to be true. We'll see...

Last edited:
Back