For Q's Karazhan Team!

One boss experience and Baddwin is discouraged????

You should have been on the first run. Five wipes before the first boss.

Discouraged? Not me. Hence the smiley next to the suggestion.

I'm well aware that there's going to be LOTS of dying in the process of learning new raid instances, and I'm willingly opting in. As you of all people know, I like to poke fun at myself, and I figured that I spent so much time chewing carpet last night that I ought to be a crash test dummy (if a diminutive one...) As a matter of fact, I'm so discouraged that I can't wait to do it again. :)

In the interest of full disclosure, though, I've actually been using that name as a handle for a while...I just used the Curator as an excuse. :p

I was just thinking about the Curator.

How would this work.

Two tanks, one tank in arcane resist gear to absorb the hateful strikes.

Everybody else pot up with an Arcane resist potion two minutes before the fight. It may only absorb 2k damage, but that is 2k x 10 of healing healers don't have to deal with. When we first defeated the Majordomo event, we had people take fire resistance potions just to lessen the healer strain. It worked.

Always do the curator event with a shadow priest until it is definatly on farm status. Shadow priests return mana and with their constant blanket heals, mitigate almost all the add's damage. Again, a healer strain reduction strategy.

==Just thoughts for raider leaders to think about.

All great suggestions!

I think the most important part of Curator is actually doing it. It is a crazy fight and the dps has to constantly switch targets. Once they get better at doing it then curator comes down.

Last nights group had a bunch of first timers and an off warlock (mirakle on jackhog). If you guys went tonight you would take him down.

Agreed, experiencing the fight is the best way to learn the fight. And having experienced it 3 times to repops, I've experienced enough for a few days. o_O This is definatly a "dps" gear check point. If the dps isn't hacking it, it obviously puts strain on the healers.

Thinking again back to the old raids, when we first starting doing Ragnoras seriously, it was 30 minutes of handing out consumable buffs, all +damage or fire resist. As time went on, the dependancy on those items lessened and we still were getting the same results of under 20% before the first son spawns.

If coming to this fight requires the same amount of commitment, then lets do it. Arcane resistance pots, Arcane resist gear for a least one of the tanks, +damage and +crit. Thinking about it, seeing as you want those adds down 5 seconds ago, probably focusing on crit gear for this fight would be highly beneficial. You spike damage against the adds and then when the curator evocates, those crits are like worth 4x their normal value.

Again, just thoughts.

I was just thinking about the Curator.

How would this work.

Two tanks, one tank in arcane resist gear to absorb the hateful strikes.

Everybody else pot up with an Arcane resist potion two minutes before the fight. It may only absorb 2k damage, but that is 2k x 10 of healing healers don't have to deal with. When we first defeated the Majordomo event, we had people take fire resistance potions just to lessen the healer strain. It worked.

Always do the curator event with a shadow priest until it is definatly on farm status. Shadow priests return mana and with their constant blanket heals, mitigate almost all the add's damage. Again, a healer strain reduction strategy.

==Just thoughts for raider leaders to think about.

Nevi can make the major protection portions (2.8k-4k damage) with a primal mana and mana thistle...they also seem to proc my master of potions thing more so it's likely you'll get more than the mats you bring to the table. Everyone should be able to farm the primal manas pretty easily...shouldn't take more than an hour to get enough for a stack of pots.

Here are a few points to consider from our company's WoW board (yes...we have an internal WoW discussion group):

• Shadowfiend for invocation only
• A good lock eating the bolts helped. Just have him keep dots up on curator at all time to generate threat, and then have him help dps the adds, even if he just wands them.
• Our healers set up a mild rotation for mana regen, and keep in mind while you are waiting for your per5 mana regen to return you can wand, so any healers who are getting mana back can wand curator or adds, every little bit helps.
• Have priests throw dots up on curator and wand him while he is evocating, (also using their shadow fiends if they need the mana of course)
• Add control is the single and most important part of this fight. Those need to go down asap or they’ll wipe the raid with their chain arcane spell. He summons adds every 10 seconds until he’s OOM, so burn those down quick, but don’t switch to another add until the current one is dead.
• Save cooldowns for when he evocates, since he takes 200% dmg during this time. Have shammies save their bloodlust for the evocation to ensure the most amount of DPS done to him
• Aside from the MT, have a rogue (or another warr/bear) with high arcane resist be on him at all time, even while adds are up. Since his hateful bolts are aggro-based, this will ensure that the non-MT DPS that’s staying on him constantly will be soaking up the bolt dmg. Also, after his evocations, the aggro list for his hateful bolts resets, so give the soaking DPS a little bit of time to build up some more aggro before everyone else lets loose again.

DOTS...DOTS...MORE DOTS!..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Back