Final Beta Announced

I hope whatever server is chosen it is the most family friendly one possible.

Something my close friends and family could play and not feel threatened or attacked by chat. I know I can shut it off but if a server is available that is a little less confrontational so we can enjoy the server that would be cool.

I know each server will have their own issues and preferred sins but one that is at least tolerant and not constantly attacking or belittling our faith would be nice.

That's just my request though. Take it for what it's worth.

I say we stick on the grove. I like the name and really we are to be a light to the darkness in game and out. No matter what server we are on there is going to be something or someone saying something we will not like but you never know when the opportunity would present it self to talk to someone be it gay or straight about the Lord. Eternal Grove or Bust!! just my take on it.

Any viable suggestions on how to avoid off-hour issues of servers? Any rumors on what Anet is thinking of doing about it?

I wonder if the player base is going to take care of it, for the most part. I'm seeing a lot of talk of alliances being built, and there seems to be some care being put into forming alliances with guilds of various time zones, so that the alliance can maintain an around-the-clock presence.

I don't know that this will necessarily happen on all servers, but it looks like there will be an assortment of servers with serious WvW alliances on them all maintaining 24 hour activity. I expect hose servers will end up at the top of the server rankings regularly battling each other, while the other servers drift to the bottom rankings.

I know, by looking around on forums, that some Euro guilds are specifically thinking of going to American servers for that reason. Which is fine with me, I tend to play some odd hours depending on family, church and my business, and I end up playing with Aussies and Brits quite a bit.

Works for me, too. I also work/play odd hours. Fortunately my work allows for a lot of flexibility in when I have to be available. I get bouts of insomnia, so there's no telling when I'll be "up" most of the night.

Last edited:
Oh good! Looks like they'll be guildies online for when I'm over in England!

I wonder if the player base is going to take care of it, for the most part. I'm seeing a lot of talk of alliances being built, and there seems to be some care being put into forming alliances with guilds of various time zones, so that the alliance can maintain an around-the-clock presence.

I don't know that this will necessarily happen on all servers, but it looks like there will be an assortment of servers with serious WvW alliances on them all maintaining 24 hour activity. I expect hose servers will end up at the top of the server rankings regularly battling each other, while the other servers drift to the bottom rankings.

Yeah that's sweet. My highest priority in a server is one that has a 24/7 alliance set up. The WvWvW is what will keep me interested in this game for years and I want to be on a top ladder server not a bottom rung

Works for me, too. I also work/play odd hours. Fortunately my work allows for a lot of flexibility in when I have to be available. I get bouts of insomnia, so there's no telling when I'll be "up" most of the night.

Insomnia sucks.

Insomnia is bad but only because GW2 isn't out yet. Once GW2 is released, it won't be nearly as bad. It may actually turn out to be a blessing! (Phil. 4:8)

Final beta, eh? I may see if I can find a way to join you all...

/me strokes beard sagely

I try to keep sage out of my beard, but it's very good in homemade sausage. Course if I'm not careful I sometimes get my beard in the sausage, wife hates that. So then I guess, oddly enough, I might have sage in my beard.

Last edited:
Why Lord do I have to go on family vacation that weekend. Why can't the wife take the kids and leave me home. Oh ya she's in charge... i forgot. Lol.

This wait is killing me... 2 more work weeks before I get a few days to play, followed by another 5 work weeks before early access, and even then I have to wait until Saturday to play rather than Friday after work. Maybe they'll be kind and open servers when the Int'l date line says it's the 25th?

Back