Field Duty Quest from 1.9 Silithus

Demetrius

There is a new quest called Field Duty on the 1.9 test server in Silithus.

It assigns either a logistics, combat, or tactical assignment in one of 10 categories - 30 different assingments in all. These assignments will be related to the opening of the AG gates I believe. Perhaps the whole server will need to x # of these quests while a high end group goes to BWL to get the head of th Broodlord Lashlayer. Then the gates to AQ will open and the 20/40 man instance will be available to raid parties.

They "Field Duty" quests requirments that I have found so far are show below:

Logistics Quests (collect and turn in this stuff)
4 6 Oils of Immolations, 5 Goblin Rocket Fuel, 10 Dense Blasting Powder
5 1 Large Brilliant Shard, 1 Large Radiant Shard, 1 Huge Emerald
6 2 Moonsteel Broadswords
10 30 Heavy Runecloth bandages, Heavy Silk Bandages, Heavy Wool Bandages

Combat Quests (kill these things)
2 40 Hive Sand Stalers
3 40 Hive Ashi Workers
4 40 Hive Zora Reavers
5 40 Hive Zora Sisters
9 40 Hive’Regal Spitfires
Note - some of these quests can be solo'd possibly and some need a small group.

Tactical Quests (kill or do these commands)
1 Kill Azure Templar
6 Sneak into Hive Zora, obtain Scout report
9 Kill Morna and 5 Twilight Marauders

Note - some of these quests can be solo'd and some need a small group.

Each completed assignment will give a badge ... ie combat badge that can be redeemed for loot according to:

The first reward quest is called “Cenarion Battlegear” and requires friendly reputation, 5 combat badges, 3 logistics badges, and 7 tactical badges. Once you collect the various badges you can choose between:
1. Gloves of Earthen Power – leather AC 109 Int 9 +27 damage/heals
2. Band of Earthen Wrath – ring +8 int +1 spell crit +3 mana/5 secs
3. Earthweave Cloak – cloak AC 44 Agi 15 +1 hit

The second reward quest is called “Veterans Battlegear” and requires honored reputation, 7 combat badges, 4 logistics badges, and 4 tactical badges. Once you collect the various badges you can choose between:
1. ? of Earth – trinket reduces threat
2. Band of Earthen Might – ring +6 str +1 crit +1 hit
3. Earthen Power Vest – cloth chest AC 93 Int 22 +1 spell crit + 25 damage/heals

The third quest is called “Stalwarts Battlegear” and requires revered reputation, 15 combat badges, 20 logistics badges, and 17 tactical badges. Once you collect the various badges you can choose between:
1. Deeprock Bracers (epic) – AC 309 10? str 10 agi 8 sta
2. Earthcalm Orb – offhand 10 int 8 mana/5 sec +18 heals
3. Rockfury bracers – cloth wrist AC 42 7 fire resist +27 damage/heals +1 hit spells
4. Might of Cenarius – ring +8 sta + 4 wep damage + 1 hit

The fourth quest is called “Champions Battlegear” and requires exalted reputation, 20 combat badges, 15 logistics badges, and 20 tactical badges. Once you collect the various badges you can choose between:
1. Fist of Cenarius (epic) – 62.6 Mace 3.5 spd +40 damage/heals +2 crit spells
2. Wrath of Cenarius (epic) – ring Use: Increase +132 damage for 10 secs (need to check this .. the wording says chance to do +132 damage for 10 secs)
3. Earthstrike (epic) – trinket Use: Increase AP by 280 for 20 secs

It may be worthwhile to start collecting the materials for the logistics and tactical assignments right now. I would only think the mats for these assignments will just go up and up when 1.9 hits. It may take weeks to complete enough assignments to get a revered/exalted reward. These four epics are "casual reward epics" that do not require a 20 or 40 man raid but will take a long time solo or in a small group.

Kevin

wow this is exciting. Can you provide a condensed/updated version of materials needed, would you like to be the holder of these mats or should I spin a mule (don't have one at this point).

Why dont you make a mules. My mules are full and my barn is crowded!

I am trying to find out if they assignments are repeatable... so we can focus on one set of mats and not all 10.

I will work on the completing the list above!

Kevin

Back