Feral Druid Gear

Thanks all, yeah I will start to stack more +hit... and not just strive for +AP and some crit.

Yeah bear form makes things go a lot faster... druid's level slowly at first. Maybe one of the slowest in the game, but man they really do pick up speed.

I am not up the to grinding speed of an affliction warlock, or a hunter... but overall I grind through mobs solo pretty quickly.

Brutal impact would be a good talent if Bash did not have a 1 minute cooldown. I mainly use base as a spell interrupt, so having it last one second longer is not really a big deal to me. I would rather put the 2 points in Naturalist in the resto tree to increase damage output.

I put imp bash as my final two points because I didn't really have much else to put them into that I was really crazy about. That shows you how much I value those talents. :p

To be honest if you don't have omen of clarity you are gimping yourself come end game. Race up the feral tree, get mangle, then race up resto for omen of clarity. Also in the resto tree take naturalist talents for 10% more dmg.

Well some time has passed, and while I still have a few pieces I wish to replace in my dps set, overall I am pleased.

Now my concern is tanking gear. I am studying what gear is out there and I plan to start persuing more tanking gear once I get a replacement for my belt and my bracers in my dps set.

I have the heavy clefthoof set, and I plan to get the gloves from SMV which have a fair amount of armor. Still overall it seems that druids need to get some tanking gear from lvl 70 instances and heroics to get geared appropriately for tanking. I am guessing that since most leather gear does not have much +def (outside heavy clefthoof), that I will need to rely on getting a lot of that +def from my cloak, necklace, rings and from gems. Am I right?

I have the talents in survival of the fittest, so I believe my target +def is 419 right? If so that's still a tall order as right now with tanking rings, necklace and heavy clefthoof I am at +120-130 def. Not sure how I am supposed to make up the other 300 or so +def. I looked over the tanking gear list in wow-loot.com and a lot of it doesn't actually have +def on it.

One item I know of, and I am shooting for is earthwarden. I just need to get my CE rep up higher (revered now). It will give me another +24 def.

Anyway if you can give me some tips while I try and gear up for tanking that would be great.

At level 70, you'll have an innate 350 defense. To get to 415, you just need 65 more defense skill, which amounts to 155 defense rating. :)

Really? Is that all? I assumed that I had to get +415 def from gear, in addition to the base defense my character has.

that seems odd to me. When TBC first hit, I looked at my feral gear. In bear form, I only had +29 Def, but my gear showed +38... or something like that. Is there a point where you get diminishing returns? Does spec overlap gear? /confused.

To be honest though, I haven't played with my tanking gear that much since early TBC...and my druid is only 64 anyway, so I haven't been active.. hehe

Back