Farewell

M

Medic

I've been playing on ToJ server for about 2 months, or somewhere close. Over that time I've come to enjoy playing counter-strike with fellow Christians such as myself. However, A Past Recent Event involving a "certain" admin has renegotiated my terms with ToJ.
Now myself nor the many others I've introduced to your server will no longer be playing there. Whats 7 or 8 people to your server when you probably get 100's My point is not to many anyone grovel over the fact that I'm leaving (which you wouldn't anyway) but to evaluate how the server is ran. I understand ToJ pays for the server and they have the right to do as they please, but do not put "Jesus" anywhere related to your server if you cannot run a server respectably. I would suggest that anyone hosting a server in the name of Jesus would be tolerant of others and would want to make the server fun as a whole, excluding cursing, fouls language, etc. I was in the server with about 5 of my friends and server was pretty full. I was playing music over the mic for the longest time, and "every single" person on my team was enjoying it and asking for me to keep playing it. Then an admin arrives and ruins the whole thing by telling me not to play the music. Normally I would have stopped, but alltalk wasn't on and I even suggested that he just simply mute me. This is what I do when I hear a constant annoyance over the mic. To make it short, the admin was rude, and slayed me a couple times. I obviously wasn't hurting anyone and the admin is just on a power trip. I enjoyed ToJ because of the atmosphere, the fact that it was kept clean, and above all the people. But I won't be returning to ToJ until certain people learn how to run a server the way it should be. Apparently you have to be careful who you give admin too. I'm done, the point is, I would ask that you remove "Christianity" from the server because you are not a good witness, when you treat others like trash in front of a whole team.
sad.gif

Power tripping's not cool at any time. I don't play CS, much less online or at that server, but I'd like to see the responsible parties own up to this.

Im not an admin or anything but its in the rules that there is to be no mic spaming and disobeying an admin will be punished.

Perhaps the rule is not fair but it is still a rule.

Im sorry you will not be playing here anymore, but for the most part I find admins give lots of warnings and sometimes excescive chances. If someone is obviously cheating we still require demos and pics and lots of conformation before anything is done. If someone curses they get lots and lots of chances before anything is done we try to reach out to people and sometimes you need to give them some lee way. Im sorry if an admin did something wrong hope you will reconsider as we try to run a good christian server.

There are ways to contact people in charge. (demo's or screen shots help) Many of us don't like to listen to others music over the mic or wav files for that matter. It is not what it is intended for.  Even Tek has warned people about doing it.

I wish you well in your endevours and pray that God will continue to bless you in your part of the CGA.

Cory

Yeah, I guess I should have stopped playing it, then again I didn't read the startup screen. My team wanted me to keep playing it and we were "All" having a good time. "Isn't that what counter-strike is all about. Having fun right..., and its not like I was abusing anything, or using any foul language. Yes rules are rules, but sometimes as a leader, you can use good judgement and let things slide for the better of the whole. Even so, the admin didn't have to be rude about it, which I found very unchristian like. I could understand if everyone was complaining about it, but that wasn't the case. I could have easily went to the other team and the admin would have never knew. I like a flexible server with flexible terms, but still keeps the game clean. I thought I found one but apparently not. It's not really a big deal, I just hoped that the admins on the server would be cool. My mistake and don't worry it won't ever happen again because I already found a new server
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] My mistake and don't worry it won't ever happen again because I already found a new server

would the mistake you are fessing up to here be that you couldn't follow the rules or playing on our server was a mistake?

Cory

Well, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened, but from what I've read this is what I have to say. Take it how you will.

Being slayed by an admin isn't rude. Where I play SoF2 I've been slayed several times, stripped of all my weapons, and tked. But I never got mad because it's all in good fun. Obviously me being banned about 6 times for tking shows how we play with each other sometimes. One thing I notice though. If someone new comes to the server, and they don't respond to the rules well, and they get an admin strike to the head, they leave and feel they were not treated right.

Well guess what? It is the admin's right to do as he pleases on the server, and you need to remember it's his server. Regardless if you were having fun, or even your whole team was having fun, if the admin says to stop you stop. That's not being rude, that's being an administrator. I am just assuming here, but it sounds like you probably openly disagreed with his decision based on an already set rule. Now if I were in there place, I probably would have slayed ya just to make sure you still knew who you were talking to and just where you were. Psalms 78 comes to mind. Asaph talks about the trip in the desert. Talked about how God gave them miracles, and sent water and food to them, but they still complained. What did he do? Well, you read for yourself.

First off, your scripture is "totally" irrelevant to the situation. Secondly, in response to Thaddius, I think it was both. I didn't follow the rules, but I also didn't know that was the server rules. I thought the admin was just being an idiot which I have seen in the past. I don't mind being slayed, slapped in good humor, but it wasn't like that and neither of you were there. Your absolutely right, the admin has the right to do whatever he or she pleases, and so do the players, they don't have to play there. If admins and above all "Christians" are running the server, I just would expect more mature handling of the situations. I was not warned numerous times like sometime described up above. I told you my story but thats not the point I was trying to make. If you read my first post, the point I was trying to make is that, "It is not a good way to witness" In fact, it is hypocrital to even act that way. I'll admit I was wrong, but there were better avenues to handling the situation. Disregarding my actions, which maybe could have been justified, do you really want people like that running your server. Lets just say, If I was a non believer, you as a Christian would not be making a good impression on me.

A good and frequently heard motto might be...
"What Would Jesus Do?

First your rules do not = Jesus's Rules. Just because a rule is a rule, doesn't make it a good, bad or "fair rule" Ex- At one time blacks couldn't vote, and they broke the rules by protesting, yeah, they paid the consequences but all in all, just goes to show you, that rules are not always good. Not that I condone of breaking the rules, there are times when one can use good judgement. That is simply the situation. The server was doing good, people were happy, and someone can in and ruined it. The admin took more time and unneccesary actions by slaying me, it would have been so much easier just to right click over my name and mute and keep me and the 7 others on my team happy. Or he could have just joined in on the fun and let it slide that once. Sure its a rule, but use some good judgement some time. Would have been different if people were getting mad at me. I say cheer up and have a good time and stop being so anal. I hope none of you lives your life this way, because you all must live incredibly boring ones. Jesus died on the cross for all of us. BE HAPPY, and have FUN! It was just MC Hammer's Can't Touch This, LOL! My team and myself were dancing =p It's nothing personal against anyone, but I find it totally asinine to punish me for that, when I see people cussing on the server for 2 hours straight and the only thing the admins do is tell them to stop. Wheres the logic in that? I guess having a good time over the mic is far worse than someone typing offensive foul langauge and even mocking Christ. Sorry to be the bad guy here, but I just don't understand the logic of it all. Well as Christians and people, I love everyone and I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I was just having fun with my team. I paid the price for it, so in essence I guess it's only fair. God Bless Everyone And I Promise I Won't Ever Cause Trouble In Your Server Again
biggrin.gif

.....what? So you just quit the server because an admin got impatient with you and killed you?
Umm....I hate to tell you this: no one ever said rules were fair. Let's look at it this way...I'm sure Hugh Hefner is disappointed about this whole thing against bigamy. Do you think it's fair that the military doesn't allow dating between its ranks?
Well, tough. It's there. And nothing to do about it.

If you didn't like a lame rule, that's fine. So the admin got mad and took you out. YOU be the big boy, smile, and just keep playing. It doesn't really matter...what's a game after all? Something to have fun with, not obsess over.

BUt I hear ya. Do what you will.

We have rules to make the server a generally fun place to play. There have been instances where people have played things over the mic that are very in appropriate. A rule was made to curb this. Its fine you don't like it but don't you dare try to throw WWJD up in our face because you cannot follow the rules. Maybe the admin was unfair, I was not there and I don't know. But placing a post like this, not even on the ToJ counter-strike board, is not the way to handle it, and you know it. If you want to sling mud because you don't like our rules then thats fine. Do it on the right board, and don't try to do it with your "better than thou" attitude.

fact is you broke the rules and were punished. regardless of how you feel about the rule, you still thought you didn't have to follow it.

You try to portrait yourself as the one who was wronged here, which is not the case. You got a problem with it, you need to email elite since he is the chapter leader, or Tek because he is the ToJ leader.

Cory

ok... i guess i should put in an admins point of view..

first off, medic, i really enjoyed playing with you and did admire your skill, it will be sad to see that you aren't coming back. Personally, as an admin, the only time I punish someone for mic spamming is when i either get annoyed or someone asks for it to cease. Although I am quite fond of M.C.. Hammer I guess some others aren't :\ but still since it was an admin you have to listen to him as stated in our rules at the start-up.. anyway, go enjoy yourself on another server if you want, but come back if you get bored with the same, ol' regular CS servers =P

so basically, what you're saying is, that you're a quitter?

I'm sorry to see you go, but I put immense faith in our admins, because I know them (many of them personally), and I trust them, because they are competent people, and for the most part, pretty funky guys.
wink.gif

nevertheless, one person ruining it for you? thats hardly it. if that's your excuse, then I must say - you should really get a life, and loosen up.

yes, I'm aware that this sounds offensive. you'll just have to deal with it, because the point of this is to try to make you aware that you're being very snotty right now. and Amorphus doesn't like snotty people.
mad.gif

mind you, I respect your decision to leave. thats your choice, but I don't think your decision was justified. but thats just me.

Fide,

Back