Dust514 will support mouse/keyboard controls. I'm in.

Alright, so, I could use Google and find out what the deal on Dust 514 is, but I'd rather ask here (boosts forum usage, y'see :p ). What's Dust 514? How's it connected to EVE Online?

Awesome that it'll support keyboard and mouse.

Dust514 is a PS3 FPS with keyboard/mouse support from the same studio as EVE Online.

I need to check the console forums once in a while.
Dust514 isn't just a PS3 FPS from the creators of EVE Online, it is an FPS part of EVE. Same universe, same server. There is going to be a lot of interaction between Dust players and EVE players possible, with the actions of one being able to affect the actions of the other.

Quite frankly, it is something that literally has not been tried before, and is something that definitely warrants a closer look. Especially if you are interested in the EVE universe but can't get into the game/afford the subscription.

Check it out
also this piece of news was released:

Come watch CCP Games’ first public unveiling of its upcoming sci-fi shooter DUST 514, exclusive to PlayStation 3 as we stream the DUST 514 keynote of the annual EVE Fanfest live into the special “Backstage Pass” event space in PlayStation Home this Thursday, March 22nd at 9:00am PT (12:00pm ET).

too bad we were never able to get the ToJ corp back. We could totally have used it for when Dust514 comes out. :D

And yes, I did buy a PS3 specifically for this game.

too bad we were never able to get the ToJ corp back. We could totally have used it for when Dust514 comes out. :D
If you ever find enough players to form a ToJ corp and someone able and willing to lead it, let me know. I'd be up for handling the "paperwork" to establish a ToJ EVE Online chapter.

If you ever find enough players to form a ToJ corp and someone able and willing to lead it, let me know. I'd be up for handling the "paperwork" to establish a ToJ EVE Online chapter.
Would Dust514 players be able to fall under an EVE Online chapter since the games are so closely knit? Unless this game just sucks terribly or cost a fortune, I definitely plan on getting it and playing it. I plan to do what I can to help out ToJ members who play (which... currently looks like the roster consists of Elader), but it'd be cooler to be part of a proper ToJ chapter. :)

Would Dust514 players be able to fall under an EVE Online chapter since the games are so closely knit?
That sounds fine to me, but I'd like to hear from Elader on the details of the connection between the two games first.

That sounds fine to me, but I'd like to hear from Elader on the details of the connection between the two games first.

ummm, lets just say the connection looks a bit like This.

The two games share corporations, chat, and other services. It is essentially one big universe with two completely different ways to interact with it. Unfortunately I was at work during the keynote for Dust514, so I'll have more info when they replay it later this evening.

ummm, lets just say the connection looks a bit like This.
Sweeeeeet.

The two games share corporations, chat, and other services. It is essentially one big universe with two completely different ways to interact with it.
I'm sold. If you all want an EVE Online chapter (which will encompass both EVE Online and Dust 514), I'll need someone to lead it.

If anyone is interested in leading a ToJ EVE Online chapter, send a PM to Elihu, ToJ's Staff Manager, and copy me on the PM.

Back