dominion is up now

It's down....got to play 3 games tho...It's decent....riot made way too much fuss over how awesome it is....To me it's fairly fun, but nothing like all the hype was about

i still think that in the long run that summoners rift is more fun for me, but this is awesome for now because it's new.

I also love it that people are still all hung up on the old ways. Had a Rumble that told me not to use Karma because "she's worthless normally, and even more so on this map" I told him that tanky Karma is going to be excellent here. Someone dropped, and when I got into the next match he was on the opposite team. Naturally he smack talked starting with "Lol it's the tank Karma"... and got much quieter when he became 5 of my 7 kills while defending my tower -and most of them soloing vs him and at least one of his buddies (I still tend to get a crazy number of assists, but that's mostly the way support goes...).
That Garrison ability + higher AP at lower life passive, + spirit visage (almost a necessity as Karma) + situational defensive armor (Force of Nature or Frozen Heart) make me a beast defending towers. Considering the speed of the game I may drop the Fiendish Codex in favor of either early Spirit Visage or early Rod of Ages.

I was just in a Dominion match where I went 6-5-12 as Karma. That's normally a nice game for me, but what made it the ultimate in lolworthiness was one thing:

I soloed Tryndamere. Three times. In a row. (well after the second time the whole other team came down and killed me, but when I respawned, he was there, all alone trying to cap my tower). Starting when we were both lvl 15...
The rest of my team just left me alone at the bot and only came down when there was a push on my tower.

IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOUR ENTIRE TEAM WENT AD ATTACK SPEED AND I BUILT FOR IT...

(I <3 Frozen Heart + Thornmail)

Dominion was kind of fun while it was still in beta, but now that it is offically out, I am absolutley sick and tired of it. I went back to playing ranked games on SR. I really don't enjoy it unless i'm waiting for someone to leave a game and don't have time to do a ranked game. It's just a thing to kill time while waiting..

AP Poppy owns face in Dominion thanks to not having to worry about farming minions for gold. She is now my second favorite character to use in LoL... Dat burst is teh crazy.

As of now I don't think I can ever go back to SR anymore. Too slow and predictable.

Hey, is it me, or does Dominion feel like the MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) version of UT2004's Onslaught gametype?

I mean, without all the awesome Raptor duels, PANCAKE!s, and, well, most of the things that made Onslaught ridiculously fun.

Yes, it's still a compliment, but, yes, I still think Onslaught is more fun. I'm just sayin' that Dominion involves more battles at control points and back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth) than standard DOTA gameplay.

LOL @ turbo's comment. I'm also a bit pissy that jam told me magma chamber was scrapped for good....I really wanted to see or at least play it once...

Back