DODGE IS OUT OF THE GAME!

Jax will probably get reworked to work like Sword of the Divine/Annie Passive/etc, where you build up charges by being attacked, and can stun when fully charged.

Removing dodge itself I've expected for a looong time (Boots shop tree shows Swiftness but not Tabi? yeesh), and I've argued on the real forums why it could stay, but only to shut up the "omg its imba" morons. AD characters can buy Damage, Attack Speed, Crit, Crit Damage, Armor Pen, Lifesteal to modify their attacks; you buy Health, Armor, Warden/Omen/Frozen Heart, and no longer Dodge to counter it. As a math geek I liked the option to specialize defenses more depending on the matchup, but I guess Riot just wants to turn the game more into "Spend 1200 gold: get +25 offense or +23 Defense" rather than making people think.

Crits of course will stay because they make for better screenshots. Winning a fight because of a big red number is more exciting than winning a fight because of a little blue "Dodge!", despite being even more unhealthy for the game (see: WoW arenas pre-resilience era).

Jax will probably get reworked to work like Sword of the Divine/Annie Passive/etc, where you build up charges by being attacked, and can stun when fully charged.

Removing dodge itself I've expected for a looong time (Boots shop tree shows Swiftness but not Tabi? yeesh), and I've argued on the real forums why it could stay, but only to shut up the "omg its imba" morons. AD characters can buy Damage, Attack Speed, Crit, Crit Damage, Armor Pen, Lifesteal to modify their attacks; you buy Health, Armor, Warden/Omen/Frozen Heart, and no longer Dodge to counter it. As a math geek I liked the option to specialize defenses more depending on the matchup, but I guess Riot just wants to turn the game more into "Spend 1200 gold: get +25 offense or +23 Defense" rather than making people think.

Crits of course will stay because they make for better screenshots. Winning a fight because of a big red number is more exciting than winning a fight because of a little blue "Dodge!", despite being even more unhealthy for the game (see: WoW arenas pre-resilience era).

That's a very good point. I think they are catering to the newer LoL players to keep the fanbase growing. The less complex the game is, the more enjoyable it is for new comers. I definetly do notice that over time they are making the game more simpler.

You can call me a noob, but jax is seriously the only champ i really hated to go against with all that dodge and stun. I beleive they needed to make adjustments to his dodge OR his stun. I feel he get's a little bit too much of both to be balanced right, and I don't think it's fair that players are forced to buy a sword of the divine just to counter one champ in the game. I somtimes feel the same way about fiddle stick and being forced to go merc treads, but that's not as bad to me as jax's crazy dodges are. I seriously wouldn't mind dodge staying in the game as long as they made adjustments to jax. (Like minion attacks to his shield does not trigger his abililty to stun!) : )

Last edited:
You could also counter Jax by having your team's stunners lock him down. MF should probably not be trying to auto attack Jax unless the situation looks really good.

RIP dodge. Riot is crazy.

Back