Do you plan on purchasing the Frozen Throne?

Do you plan on purchasing the frozen throne? - Yesh? no? mebbe?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

I post this poll today because I've already plunked down $50 on this game that I don't especially care for and I'm going to be very upset if they don't upgrade it to include support for the features they promised with the original game (i.e. clan support). I'm also going to be very displeased if I hop onto Battle.net for my first game in months and find myself unable to locate anyone to play with because everyone is using this new expansion.

Now, if what I hear is true, then there'll be no way to play the expansion without a unique CD key and I'll be forced to plunk down another $20 - $30 for an expansion of a game, as I said earlier, I don't really care for. I want to like this game. I really do. I have fifty reasons why. -_-

BUT if you all plan on purchasing this expansion the day it comes out, well, then I'll probably just suck it up and buy it.

Or just uninstall it and play Starcraft exclusively. -_-

Blizzard has this thing they make good games, they have some problems but there almost always the top of the line in the genre. Also The last 5 titles they have released went out within a week of my birthday so i always have money.

Well, i played the beta of it online, and it was awesome, i just sucked at it though and kept losing though
smile.gif

Ditto, every patch the Expansion seems to get cooler and cooler. They just added the last 2 of the 5 Mercanary heroes now its Dark Elf, Naga Sea Witch, BeastMaster, Pit Lord, Pandarian BrewMaster!

I will probably be getting this the first day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Mar. 06 2003,12:11)]Now, if what I hear is true, then there'll be no way to play the expansion without a unique CD key and I'll be forced to plunk down another $20 - $30 for an expansion of a game, as I said earlier, I don't really care for. I want to like this game. I really do. I have fifty reasons why. -_-
Were you (or are you) hoping to get a burned copy?  Of course you will need a unique key.

Next, if you don't like WCIII, then, don't expect to like the new expansion, sorry to say.  The fact is, game play is much the same.  Sure, they have added new units and switched units from tier 3 to 2 and from 2 to 1.  They have added other little goodies here and there, ultimately, game play hasn't changed much.

WCIII, especially the Expansion, is less about massing units to take down your enemy, more about counter moving to win.  Kind of like chess.  Every unit in the expansion has a serious counter unit.  Mass air, and anti air will own you.  Mass casters and seige will own you.  It is now costly to mass units, especially if you are doing no recon what so ever.

Now its a game of action and reaction.  Oh, my opponent has air and mellee and these two heros, what do I need to do effectively counter that, oh, these casters, that air, these tier 3 and these heros.

I have found that the battles are lasting moments and the full game lasting less than 30 minutes.  Of course, I am less inclined for major battles that last 10 minutes.  I like the fact that each battle is kind of like a special forces team in a larger battle and it is my skill as captain that help win these little skirmishes to the greater good of the war.

Honestly, if you like the long drawn out battle of SC\BW with its focus on massing elite units (with the first to mass them being the winner 9 out of 10 times), then you will find it hard to find a place for a game like WCIII in your library.

Back