DM Night

DM Night - I may be the only one interested...

• Friday nights are best for DM night.

Votes: 34 100.0%
  • Saturday nights are best for DM night.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not interested in a DM night.

• I'm against having a DM night: Keep TOJ ONS-only.

• I'll just play DM on other servers.

• Total voters

kraniac

I'm trying to gauge interest in a DeathMatch night on the TOJ UT server. Please indicate which choice best matches your opinion on the subject.

If you pick the wrong answer, I will send mild electric shocks through your mouse (just kidding).

Also, please tell me about how often you would attend a DM night. If I set this thing up and I'm the only one who shows up for it, some poor, innocent newbie bot has to die. Repeatedly.
mad.gif

If there's more than just a few people interested in such a thing, I will be happy to organize this. If it's just me, or just me and someone who can only make it half the time, I won't.

I can't always be there - Saturday's a "get out of the house and socialize" night for me - but if you do it late enough at night, or go 'til late enough at night (like 11pm EST, 12pm EST), I'd be there for a few rounds.

I could also do a mid-week night as well.

BTW, Kraniac, I've been meaning to mention that you totally kick butt at DM; I love watching you wall-dodge-jump across my screen and out of my sights. You're nuts.
smile.gif

Wow! Thanks... You gotta warn me to sit down before hitting me with such compliments
biggrin.gif

:CyB: is looking at me as a prospective member for their TDM team, but I don't know if I'm gonna do it for three reasons:

1. They, like most nonbelievers (UT players especially), have a tendency to swear (although they do act much more mature than the average UTer)

2. I don't want anything to interfere with my ToJ work (They might overlap only 1% of the time, but that's 1% I can't give CyB)

3. I'm not so good at TDM. Most people play with friendly fire on, and I'm usually too focused on shooting the other team to be bothered with any of that wimpy "not shooting your teammate" stuff. Pfft.
tounge.gif

Wow, I hijacked my own thread. To put this back on topic...

mid-week nights are pretty much a no-go for me unless they start early, and even then, they are dependent upon the whims of Physics, Composition, and Calculus professor;a fickle lot, you understand.

Anyway, Shagz, you didn't say anything about fridays. Are those busy too?

And I welcome the input of others too. Two people does not a DM night make.

If Sat is my social night, Fri is usually the "for sure" social night (and the church C&C group meets on Fri nights) although I sometimes find myself at home. Same situation would apply - if you're up late enough and I get back in time, I'd join in.

Well, if it's just you and me, Shagz, I guess we can join up via PM. I'm hoping someone else will express at least a tinge of interest...

Ok, J freak. What particular times would you be able to make it regularly? Please include time zone so I can figure it correctly with the IDL, or figure it yourself.

I'm sure CS and Tek would play as well but CS is on vacation still and Tek is mid-move. Where's James these days? He was a big DM player.

EDIT: James is in Florida and they're being evacuated because of the huricanne. Check the general forum for info. (Yeesh!)

I think tek is kinda doen moveing i saw him on a Natural Selection server the other day so hey who knows

Hey all, I'm back. had an awesome time at the beach. everything went great. thanks for the prayers we sure needed them on the way back. traffic was horrible I guess it's all from the hurricane coming towards florida.
Anyhow Saturdays are best for me because I work on Friday evening. I'm off on most Sat. but I have to allow some evening time for the mrs. so that's usually on Sat. so I will make it there when I can. I cast my vote for Sat. If you decide on Fridays that will be cool with me. I will make it when I'm off.
See everybody Sunday eve. CS

I'm having to go out of town so I won't be here next friday or saturday
sad.gif
, however, this will give James more time to see this message. If he doesn't see it before I'm (finally) available for a DM night, we'll do it on saturdays.

I have returned! Alive, even!

I'm down with a DM night, as well as the Official Game Night members were planning in another thread. I don't know how often I'll be able to play as I usually spend my evenings with Ember now that we live in the same city (and apartment complex!).

But, yes, I think some hotblooded free-for-all fragging action is a welcome break from teamplay once in a while (i.e. once a week).

Last edited:
Spend time with Ember? She should be in the UT server fragging with the rest of us. I tell you playing UT or some other game together is a wonderful way to spend time! and it's cheaper than a movie!
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered UT2004 should be comming in tomorrow, im usualy free Friday or saturday late at night so I could make the last few rounds.

The plot thickens!

James is no longer an active member. That removes 1/3 of the support for DM night. This, combined with my increased business, means no DM night right now. However, should another wish to lead it, or should I become more available in the future, it is still a viable option.

P.S. Business is meant in that context as 3 syllables, not as 2.

Ack, what happened to him? Last I heard he was bucking down for one of the many hurricanes that ripped through Florida and he had an infection that needed taking care of. But he must be ok, 'cuz he's still updating his website.

Well, that's too bad about work and stuff, but this seems to be a trend at the moment, as attendance at our Sunday night games is down a little (school and work I'm sure are the biggest causes of this problem). No matter, we'll ride it out. At any rate, if anyone wants to DM all they need to do is vote for a DM game and you're on your way, provided that everybody else on the server agrees. ;)

Back