Ding!

direpath

So I finally hit 80 on Kali Verholme, my engineer. I'm still enjoying the gameplay. I dropped a bit of my gold (well most of it as I am not overly wealthy) on some carrion rares. I also picked up an ascended amulet with my stockpile of laurels and then some rings and an inexpensive exotic gun.

I'm having a bit of a now what moment. I guess I am still used to WoW with the series of things you need to do post cap to get ready for end game. I think I will just continue through my personal story and start working on my world completions. Is there anything you vets can recommend to do at 80?

I know I will be a bit more keen on getting into some dungeons. I have never done anything more than AC Story in all my time in GW2.

All I can say for those levelling is if you are 40+, ride that Scarlet zerg train to 80. It went super fast (I was level 40 no more than a week and a half ago, I'm sure of it).

Lol,
ride that Scarlet zerg train to 80
. It is also a good way to replace gold spent on equipping an 80. Or for getting greens to feed The Mystic Toilet, which will pay off in rares occasionally. What to do with an 80? Guild events and missions, working on achievements for more loot for better armour and weapons. All kinds of things.

This is true. My measely 9 gold was all but gone after some purchases. I went to do an event in Lornar's pass and i had another 2 gold by the end of it.

I did manage to solo through Scarlet's playhouse (regrettably not in a manner that would allow the no death or Faren in 3 minutes achievements). It was frustrating but not so much that it wasn't still fun.

I think my first order of business will be working on my PS and world completion.

Things to do at level 80:
  • World bosses and events - do several different ones once a day to get your bonus chest - lots of rares and exotics, which means more money
  • World completion - the higher-level areas give exotics when you complete them
  • Achievements - jumping puzzles, mini-dungeons, dailies, monthlies - work on increasing your account bonuses for other characters
  • Alts - use your 80 to harvest resources, and powerlevel your alts through crafting
  • Dungeons - especially now that dungeon rewards are account-based and in the wallet
  • Champion farming - those loot bags drop rares and exotics. Try to find ones that are easily farmed and defeated
  • Account upgrades - farm gold for new char slots, bank slots, and other special black lion items
  • Most importantly: find ways to have fun! Even though you no longer "progress" through the game, find ways to keep it interesting and exciting - or it could become a grind

I have one level 80. The gold gained from world events is awesome. I haven't gotten halfway through my personal story, have done VERY FEW dungeons, and still have a bit of world exploration to do. I'm a completionist, so all of this stuff is important to me - I just haven't decided if this level 80 warrior will remain my "main". I want to get a few more classes levelled up to see how they play late game. For instance, in GW1, I thought for sure I would play a W/Mo as my main, but I discovered that I actually preferred Ele. In GW2, I assumed that I would prefer Ele, but so far, I've preferred almost everything else over the elementalist. I've found that as you enter the late-to-end game, the role you play and the skills you use change fairly dramatically (generally speaking), so it's hard to say what I'd think of a level 80 elementalist doing dungeon runs with a full party - I won't know until I get there. So I'm working on a BUNCH of characters (one of each class, to be specific), not knowing which one(s) I'll enjoy the most once I get fully traited, exotically equipped, and running in a full party. Something to consider...

All I can say for those levelling is if you are 40+, ride that Scarlet zerg train to 80. It went super fast (I was level 40 no more than a week and a half ago, I'm sure of it).

lol

The zerg train in combination with my 5k AP experience scroll got me to start my sixth character. I just finished craft leveling her to 60 last night, and I plan to take her out and try and grab a waypoint in every zone so I can invasion my way to 80 over the next week. I should probably get back on my thief and get him to 80 as well. For some reason, every time I plan on doing that, I get distracted and end up playing a different character.

And yes, as Ursen said, those invasions make for nice income. My only disappointment is that I've burned through all of my express vendors. On my guardian I was getting full inventory once or twice an invasion, with all 15 slot bags.

I need to try the second half of the storyline as well. Four level 80s and two level 60s and I haven't taken any of them more than a mission or two past claw island.

To add to JGouldie's list, there's also WvW as a fun way to spend your endgame. Badges of honor can help defray the cost of upgrading to exotic gear, as well.

Last edited:
Don't necessarily need express vendors. If you are close to a heart npc that you have completed just merch to that npc. If you can't do that look for an armour repair npc, they will buy stuff too. Wp to them is cheaper than using express vendors, especially considering we are currently on a wp discount program still. And you don't have to completely empty, just get rid of junk, blues, and and greens. Leave everything else to deal with later. I usually only make one merch stop per event and I am using 5 12s and 1/4 of a 20.

Last edited:
Yeah. I hardly use my express vendors. I just bounce to the nearest town by an invasion, do my salvage, sell my junk...then back into the fray.

Definitely not buying the express vendors. Just had a stack of them sitting around from random things.

So far, I have the worst time finding a vendor or a heat I've done in the middle of an invasion. Now that I'm running my craft-leveled Necro, I'm guaranteed not to find completed hearts.

On the plus side, since craft leveling her from 20 to 60, I know have room in a lot of the slots in my collections bank, so it's easier to keep inventory cleared.

Back