Dedicated server hardware

We could even rent out our server to other Christian clans maybe? Unless that would be too much strain on the server.

We could even rent out our server to other Christian clans maybe? Unless that would be too much strain on the server.

We could only run maybe 1 or 2 other servers on there, and that's if we didn't expand our existing servers (CoD, UT, TF2, L4D) or add a new one (CS:S).

We could only run maybe 1 or 2 other servers on there, and that's if we didn't expand our existing servers (CoD, UT, TF2, L4D) or add a new one (CS:S).
Maybe. We won't know exactly what our new machine is capable of until we load it up.

Still, I'd rather not rent servers out to other clans. "Never mix friends and business," and all that. Besides, with servers as cheap as they are now, other clans could pick up a server or two without bleeding money.

/bump

Our Staff Manager recently stepped down, meaning that I'll be resuming all the administrative tasks I had delegated to our former Staff Manager. This will, unfortunately, delay researching and purchasing dedicated server hardware.

While I can understand if members are frustrated that we haven't purchased dedicated server hardware two and a half months after announcing we reached our financial goal, I need to concentrate my efforts on finding employment right now.

If people are willing to volunteer their time to research options for renting rackspace and bandwidth at a trustworthy datacenter, then please contact me by PM.

I want to see Tribe of Judah running dedicated server hardware as much as if not more than any other member. I just can't dedicate the time it's going to take to explore, research, and compare all our options.

we have a datacenter with a price that can't be beat..just niggling over pings is what's held up the project..:)

Where is the datacenter located Hescominsoon? I ask because from what I've noticed most of the clan gets great pings (excluding Keero) with where our current server is and figured the same general region would probably be good.

I'd be moving to Canada either in the fall or winter, so that should help bring me a bit lower despite where it's at. Just don't move it to Florida is all I ask. xD

Where is the datacenter located Hescominsoon? I ask because from what I've noticed most of the clan gets great pings (excluding Keero) with where our current server is and figured the same general region would probably be good.

washington state

at this point the quote has expired and the interest has died. I am calling htis halted until tek lets me know otherwise. If you all want this server at the datacenter i propose speak up now..or it's not going to happen..

it was washington state? I thought it was in Chicago like all of our other servers.... hmmm shows how much I know.

ya specifically it would be in spokane. ive heard alot about it and even thought of coloing a rackmount that i own.

So.... wheres the support we once had for this baby?

So.... wheres the support we once had for this baby?
It should be ramping back up shortly since Elihu filled the Staff Manager position on July 1. That will allow me to shift some of my focus back to researching and selecting a rackmount hosting business.

I could still use help in my research, though. I would just need a few people to call and get quotes from datacenters.

you aren't going to find one that can offer the prices of abba. The only other way is a vm..but matching the dedicated server's specs is going to be $$$ as well..:)

Back