December 5th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Just As I Am

We do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who ... has been tested as we are, yet without sin.

-Hebrews 4:15 (NRSV)

MY clinical depression makes my mornings especially difficult. This morning I felt defeated even before the sun had come up. I felt tired and sick and was running late for my job. As I walked out my front door, chilling cold air hit me full in the face. It was dark and cold as I got into my old car.

As the sun began to rise, the car's heater began to warm me. I began to feel hopeful and more positive about my day, and I began thinking about Jesus.

Although Jesus lived 2000 years ago, I believe he experienced the same feelings that we do when we encounter the struggles that life brings. And because Jesus Christ knows what it's like to be like me, I am confident that he accepts me just as I am. God understands me and is with me, even when life seems overwhelming.

Mike Switzer (Illinois, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
O Lord, be with us and bless us as we work through each day. We pray like Jesus, saying, "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

Back