CWP2013: A lengthy apology, explanation, and reboot.

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
Heh, seems I've let this thing get off of the rails. Or rather, I've let my ego crush it into nothingness. For that I'm truly sorry.

I have this problem with compulsively seeking for my own glory. God is curing me, but it's a stubborn illness.

Every time I try to do a really great project to bring people together, it becomes about me creating a massive idol to my own awesomeness and glory.

Every time.

Also, every time I try to do this, the spirit of God brings opposition to me, because I build a massive idol out of pride. So things get off the rails.

Every time.

So, I profusely apologize for turning the Creative Writing Project into an idol.

That being said, I think the idea of the Creative Writing forum being used to make comic books was a desired one. But I'm going to change it up a bit. I'm no longer going to head it up. Instead, I will haunt this forums and do my best to serve you.

You are going to have to watch for scaffolds going up to build huge massive idols to my glory. And you'll probably need to remind me to serve you, instead of me. But I still think somewhere along the lines we should be making a comic book. Or seven.

Weekly web comic that focuses on nerds, sci-fi, and fantasy(and hilarious stereotypes) and has an MtG GP qualifier arc. We eventually get picked up by a publisher or something (or get super popular on our own and forget the publisher), then we attend comic-con and all those cool cons.

/idea

Wait. Got one better. A slice of life about would-be mangakas and their struggle to get somewhere in the webcomic world. They'll go to cons to promote their work. It will eventually catch on and become quite popular. The whole thing will be meta.

Heh, seems I've let this thing get off of the rails. Or rather, I've let my ego crush it into nothingness. For that I'm truly sorry.

I have this problem with compulsively seeking for my own glory. God is curing me, but it's a stubborn illness.

Every time I try to do a really great project to bring people together, it becomes about me creating a massive idol to my own awesomeness and glory.

Every time.

Also, every time I try to do this, the spirit of God brings opposition to me, because I build a massive idol out of pride. So things get off the rails.

Every time.

So, I profusely apologize for turning the Creative Writing Project into an idol.

That being said, I think the idea of the Creative Writing forum being used to make comic books was a desired one. But I'm going to change it up a bit. I'm no longer going to head it up. Instead, I will haunt this forums and do my best to serve you.

You are going to have to watch for scaffolds going up to build huge massive idols to my glory. And you'll probably need to remind me to serve you, instead of me. But I still think somewhere along the lines we should be making a comic book. Or seven.

I kind of always thought you were a bad person.

Wait. Got one better. A slice of life about would-be mangakas and their struggle to get somewhere in the webcomic world. They'll go to cons to promote their work. It will eventually catch on and become quite popular. The whole thing will be meta.

This might satisfy Tek7's desire for a slice of life about Christian nerds...

With apologies to Tek:
Joshua Yamatoji and Kenneth Drikkie struggle to make ends meet, stave off inquisitive and authoritative parents and teachers, and try to balance their TF2 addiction with their dream to make CWP a reality. They get a dead-end job working for Seven Tech, a no-profit IT firm and try to use all their downtime to draw comics. Too bad neither of them knows how to make comics. Will their luck -- and fortunes -- turn around when they catch the eye of Jack Neirie, the self-serving wanna-be comic editor who just happens to be their shift boss?

Today I also had a funny idea. As a parody of the so-called "Search for the Historical Jesus," have a comic about the "historical" Spider-man. No powers. No crazy science. Just a guy who's good at mountain climbing and fighting crime.

And a framed narrative set in the future of the Marvel universe where supposed "Experts" debate and vote on whether certain Spider-man adventures and villains ever existed.

With apologies to Tek:
Joshua Yamatoji and Kenneth Drikkie struggle to make ends meet, stave off inquisitive and authoritative parents and teachers, and try to balance their TF2 addiction with their dream to make CWP a reality. They get a dead-end job working for Seven Tech, a no-profit IT firm and try to use all their downtime to draw comics. Too bad neither of them knows how to make comics. Will their luck -- and fortunes -- turn around when they catch the eye of Jack Neirie, the self-serving wanna-be comic editor who just happens to be their shift boss?
Somehow missed this part before. It made me laugh. :)

Back